You can type here any text you want

Vacuum Relief

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TIGN

Death by boost
Just rebuilt my engine (see signature) and I am now having problems at 5-10 lbs of boost, I assume my oil pan gains positive pressure causing oil to leak out of the back of the pan gasket. I have heard this is a common thing and I can use a vacuum pump system to create negative crank case pressure. However, I want to run an idea by you guys and see if it could possibly work. I have an RJC girdle and 7 qt oil pan, so simply changing the gasket in the car is too much work and will not solve the pressure problem. I was thinking about running a 1/4-3/8 inch brake line inbetween my exhaust manifold and top of the oil pan with a check valve, this would create a vacuum at mid to high rpm on the exhaust side thus creating a vacuum in the oil pan relieving pressure and stopping the leak. At idle the check valve will close preventing exhaust gases from entering the oil pan. Has anyone done this or experimented with it? Will it suck oil into the exhaust? How high is the oil level in those 7 qt pans?
Thanks in advance
-Andrew

Back