You can type here any text you want

Vacuum source on TB and Intake? Is it all the same?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

I need to plumb a line for my blow off valve and i do not intend to tap into an existing vacuum line.

I Have a Accufab TB and a champion race Intake, not a stock ported one.

So here ismy question: Is there a optimal place to source a vacuum? Or is everything post throttle body going to given me the same reading?

I was considering using the old coolant passages to warm up the throttle body on the Accufab and to drill into the bottom and creat a passageway OR i thought to drill a hole directly into the intake right below the TB, just under the plenum.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys,

Adrian

What about the line that used to run to the Evap Canister? I think you will find tapping or using that source will be just fine. If you really want to drill the intake you can use the spot under the plenum front or back under the coil pack. If your are doing it on the car pick a easy spot and block the ports off from shavings.

no i have a complete custon accum line setup with -3AN lines off a custom vacuum block i built from the top of the TB. I do not wantto T from there, that is why i asked about tapping into the TB or just under the plenum.

Ijust wanted some guys with real world experience to tell me if there is a difference.

Adrian

as long as the hole is after the throttle blade when closed youll see what you need to for a BOV

Back