Valve cover oil leak - please help

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
I have a oil leak from my valve cover. Here's the deal! I have M&A aluminum heads and i have the orange valve cover gaskets from TA performance that are supposed to be the correct ones for the heads. They are kinda shaped in a "T" where one piece is pushed in a groove on the head. the valve covers are the ones with the two allen head screws in the middle of them that say "BUICK" on them and have the raised lines on them. Is there any tricks to stop them from leaking? Please let me know, it's getting frustrating... Scot w.

buick covers

I have the same ones and they leaked all over the pass. side dp and headers and i waited to mess with them because the pass. side is a pain to work on.
But after devloping a tap on that side that i thought was a lifter and took off the cover. :rolleyes: pain.
I checked the cork gasket and it looked dry and kinda brittle:mad:
i thougnt that my garage had screwed me in not putting on new ones with the rebuild. but i didn't have new ones so i just put it back on bigger pain. and changed the oil.
Well The shop had put in synthetic oil after the rebuild and i have read that you should break in a motor on real oil. So, i put in regular 10w 30 for 150miles
and the leak stoped. then ofcorse i read on this form two days later that real oil will help the gaskets and seals to stop leaks.
alittle fyi
good luck. my gn was smoking at lights, like it was on fire.

Mat i'm not sure i understand correctly. you said your gaskets were cork, well mine are the orrange rubber ones from TA performance. I don't think 10w 30 will stop the oil leak. i'm using Valvoline VR1 20w 50 and it leaks no matter what. I need to figure out what can be done to stop this and i'm not going to use cork and a s*it load of silicone... anyone?

I have the same ones and they leaked all over the pass. side dp and headers and i waited to mess with them because the pass. side is a pain to work on.
But after devloping a tap on that side that i thought was a lifter and took off the cover. :rolleyes: pain.
I checked the cork gasket and it looked dry and kinda brittle:mad:
i thougnt that my garage had screwed me in not putting on new ones with the rebuild. but i didn't have new ones so i just put it back on bigger pain. and changed the oil.
Well The shop had put in synthetic oil after the rebuild and i have read that you should break in a motor on real oil. So, i put in regular 10w 30 for 150miles
and the leak stoped. then ofcorse i read on this form two days later that real oil will help the gaskets and seals to stop leaks.
alittle fyi
good luck. my gn was smoking at lights, like it was on fire.