You can type here any text you want

Valve Covers leaking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ive used cork ROL HiPer Blue VS749HP gasket,the big thing is in some places you have barely 1/8 of ruf cast surface area to seal the valve covers t. Try dry fitting and make sure the tabs go into the notches of the cover to hold them in place. Also make sure the gasket fits nice, snug and flat to the inside of the cover ,wipe of cover with a degreaser . Glue the gasket to the cover with either 3m super 77 spray adhesive or fel-pro yellow gasket adhesive and let dry.You can take them off and on numerous times.Another trick, if you have the heads off have your machine shop mill the top edge of the head(where the valve cover sits) flat to give a nice surface to seal to.I did this to stock and champion covers...no leaks.

Cometic has been the best I've used so far. For head gaskets, headers, valve covers and oil pan

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Do you have part numbers for 109s...

sweet.... thanks

How does the cometic valve cover caskets work on TA VALVE COVERS? That is if you know!

sweet.... thanks

How does the cometic valve cover caskets work on TA VALVE COVERS? That is if you know!

I don't see why it would matter what valve covers they are being used on.

Just curious. Had some issue with felpro working on the TA Valve covers..

They have little tabs on the edge that I took of with a razor, that might help them fit inside the covers better.

Back