You can type here any text you want

Valve covers with roller rockers??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BARRACUDA1968

I'll be going with roller rockers on the new motor and currently have stock valve covers. I did some surfing and it looks like it's going to be an issue.

What are my best options? I don't mind buying new valve covers if need be I just don't want to have to fight leaks and clearance problems on the passenger side by the A/C box.

Thanks Brett

RJC sells valve cover spacers if you want to reuse your stock ones. I have Champion valve covers and felpro gaskets and in two years I haven't had any leaks. TA Performance valve covers are nice also.

TA old style are a little hard to wrestle on and off when you have AC but they are good.

How difficult is it to get your passenger valve cover off?

I do like the Champion covers. Looks like they have some relief in the valve cover back by the A/C box. I will probably go with them.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Going thru the same issue, yesterday/today. Ended up going with TA Performance valve covers based on builders recommendation.

TA Performance here. Also removed the shield for extra clearance.

The low profile version of the TA valve cover will give you more clearance at the air box than any other design, including stock valve covers with spacers. :)

For some reason I just really prefer how the oe covers look. I'll likely try the RJC spacers this time around.

I picked these up from weber, don't have them on yet. Can't comment on the fit with AC but I like how they look.

Back