You can type here any text you want

Valve Job?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

samandw

stock cast iron heads off of my 87 GN. If I where to have a valve job done what kind of angle would you guys recommend or would you even bother with doing a valve job?

thanks

Sam, (I am assuming)
Bring them over and I will show you how to port them. (YOU can do all the work) and then get you hooked up with a good machinist to cut the seats and valves. If you do a decent job of it, it'll net you 45+hp. for just a few nights of grinding. I can help out with the finish work. THAT will cost you, though.;)

Sam, (I am assuming)
Bring them over and I will show you how to port them. (YOU can do all the work) and then get you hooked up with a good machinist to cut the seats and valves. If you do a decent job of it, it'll net you 45+hp. for just a few nights of grinding. I can help out with the finish work. THAT will cost you, though.;)

Sam,

Heck of a proposition, right there, that Ken is offering you! A good valve job, and you will feel the added power, and/or see the added power if you've gone to the track, with faster time slips/more mph.
My local NAPA machine shop had a new fangled cutter(2 yrs ago) that they claimed was a 5 angle with a radius (to eliminate any sharp edge). Also the fresh valve springs always help at WOT, don't forget to do the timing set while the heads are off if needed/still stock.

Chuck

Chuck

so would you guys go with a 3 or 5 angle? and I'm actually Sam's brother. car is stored out here in Wyoming and I'm the lucky one that gets to do all the work. :rolleyes: But Ken, thank you for the multiple offers! to bad the car isn't up there....

why do I need to do the timing while the heads are off? this is the first time iv'e been into an engine this far thats not just for practicing purposes. I went to school for auto mechanics but its been awhile. any helpful hints are always welcome... thanks

Back