valve spring changing tool. the easy way

Race Jace

Research, New Tech and Development
Staff member
Here is a little tool i made from an old rocker arm. it works really good, you can adjust what angle you pull from by using a ratchet in the socket and you can get your ratchet out of the way by using an extension when you are in the hard to reach place under the a/c. the shaft is just 13/16 TGP solid stock but you could use 3/4" anything or even cut up an old rocker shaft. when we do them we only hand tighten down the bolt that holds the shaft and go at it. really easy way to do it.

hope this helps

Attachments

• valve spring tool 001.jpg
    valve spring tool 001.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,056
The socket idea is cool. Why didn't I think of that?! Gonna have to change mine now. Thanks alot, Jason. ;)

Thanks for posting it here Jason. It's a great idea and if someone decided to make them it would sell for sure.

Thanks!

I made one - but NOT selling it ;-)

Worked totally awesome - Thanks Jason!

Attachments

• Spring tool sml.JPG
    Spring tool sml.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,864
  • Spring tool sml2.jpg
    Spring tool sml2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,733
  • Spring tool sml3.JPG
    Spring tool sml3.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,736
  • valve stem seal.jpg
    valve stem seal.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,879
Looking at this the only mod I'd make is to have the pipe go from the center to the outer valve spring. this way you can do three out fo six fairly easily.

great pics. anyone can make one of these very easily so the only way they would sell is if you sold them for the same price as you can make them and that is basically for nothing... lol. On this one we will have to just leave it to the do it yourselfer