You can type here any text you want

Valve springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Quiky One said:
I've never had a problem with Mobil 1. Like i've previously posted, my dad uses Rotella truck oil in his old car and has no problems. Thats what his engine builder said to use and the engine builder is doing something right.

Jason

Jason, You are running a aftermaket cam though...I think John is mainly telling me this since I'm running the stock cam and will be going to 100# springs. I have always run Mobil 1 in all of my cars old and new and never had any problems either but I'm pretty sure most new car these day have roller cams where this would not be a factor. Not exactly sure when oil companys had to meet the API Certification and change their phosphorus & ZDDP content...maybe Mobil 1 changed recently and nobody know if it is a problem yet? Since my car is not a DD and never will be running even a single grade racing oil my be the way to go. It only gets driven during the warm months here in MD and never in the cold winter unless we get a real nice clean day in the upper 50's or so once and a while. My dad has a '87 Fiero with a Turbo that has been running Mobil 1 for the last 17 years and no problems either but he only puts about 400 miles on it a year too.

-Scott

Rotella T still has all the good stuff as well.

Or screw it all and go roller cam.

Course my roller to a flat tappet cam = a lot of Rotella T

:-(

lol

Back