You can type here any text you want

Valve Springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qws2000

Can you change valve springs with/out taken the motor out? Any suggestions?

Yes it can be done, you can do one at a time. Note: you will need an air compressor, air line and fitting that screws into the spark plug hole. This is used to fill the cylinder with air and hold the valve in place while the spring, retainer and valve locks are removed and not holding the valve. I've done this lots of times on small block Chevys to replace valve guide seals. PM me if you need more specific info.

I also neglected to mention this may make it a bit more difficult to properly set the correct spring installed height.

Spring installed height is easy to mess with. It's the tip height that can't be changed with the heads mounted

Two guys makes it easyer, Two sets of hands, A piece of round stock cut to the installed height u need and feeler gauges to determine the size of shim to get the installed height. U are only going to get it close with the heads on the car. Good luck take your time!!!!

Back