You can type here any text you want

valves

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I was putting new valve spring in and I dropped an exhaust valve in to the engine.I tried to use a magnetic antenna to try to get it back through the valve hole but the valve is not magnetic.So now I have a big job ahead!!

Couldnt you just remove a sparkplug and pressurize the cylinder with air to force it back up?

I was putting new valve spring in and I dropped an exhaust valve in to the engine.I tried to use a magnetic antenna to try to get it back through the valve hole but the valve is not magnetic.So now I have a big job ahead!!

slide a hose over the valve guide and suck it back up

valve

If I understand him, the valve fell completely out of the head and into the cylinder. You must be careful when doing this and have the piston up top, that way it will not fall completely out of the guide and into the cylinder. Is this what happened. If it makes you feel any better, it happened to me a long time ago.

bob aka stgman

You NEEDED ported heads anyway.;) Time to step up to a good set of ported heads.
Sorry about yur bad luck. Next time, use some cotton rope/cord in the cylinder to keep the valves up. (if you don't have an air compressor).

Yes I did drop the valve in to the cylinder!!!!! But I Got a needle nose pliers and pulled it up through the exhaust port.only took 2 days to figure it out.

Back