You can type here any text you want

VDO boost gauge

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

moyersgn

How accurate are VDO boost gauges. Installed one on my GN with stock turbo. Gave several readings of 18lbs.

You'll get a better educated answer if you put your mods in your signature!! I only use MY boost gauge on MY car for a reference on where i can push it with no knock!! I hope my explanation helps!!!

Ive never had them read higher than actual,have had a couple read to a point then start hanging giving a lower than actual reading
i like to test them once installed using a regulated gauge setup with a compressed air source because its not just the just gauge that has to work but the line at the motor that feeds it

if your at 18 psi on 93 octane i hope you have a scanmaster to monitor the o2 reading and knock retard
if mostly stock the boost is controllable through the chip by controlling the wastegate solenoid on the passenger valve cover and some aftermarket chips will bring up the boost level by commanding that solenoid to a higher duty cycle ,,those chips usually require higher octane fuel or alky injection.
you could also be seeing 18psi if someone added a manual boost controller or if your vacuum lines from turbo to wastegate are leaking

if you are just on 93 and have a stock intercooler you'll need to turn it down

Yes, I have a scanmaster 2.1. It read 1.2 retard. The knock gauge went to the first yellow led.

I've got a VDO in the dash and an Autometer on the A pillar and they are within 1/2 pound of each other or maybe closer.

Back