Vehicle inspection--who wants to make a quick $50?

dhauser

The end is fear
I need to have 2 1968 Oldsmobiles inspected on the east coast. I'm hoping a couple of my TB.com bretheren will step up and help a fellow member. I'm willing to send you $50 via paypal for your time once inspection is completed. Please email, or PM me with your name, phone number and which location you're interested in visiting.

Location #1: Darien, Connecticut.
Location #2: Scarborough, Maine

Both are 1968 Olds Cutlass/442 convertibles.

I'm looking for a decently thorough visual inspection and test drive. I will set you up with owner's name and number, and even tell you everything you need to look for if you're not familiar with these cars. My hope is you'd have no more than 2 hours invested including travel time.

Here's hoping to hear from some of you east coasters! :cool:

I need to have 2 1968 Oldsmobiles inspected on the east coast. I'm hoping a couple of my TB.com bretheren will step up and help a fellow member. I'm willing to send you $50 via paypal for your time once inspection is completed. Please email, or PM me with your name, phone number and which location you're interested in visiting.

Location #1: Darien, Connecticut.
Location #2: Scarborough, Maine

Both are 1968 Olds Cutlass/442 convertibles.

I'm looking for a decently thorough visual inspection and test drive. I will set you up with owner's name and number, and even tell you everything you need to look for if you're not familiar with these cars. My hope is you'd have no more than 2 hours invested including travel time.

Here's hoping to hear from some of you east coasters! :cool:

Sorry I cant help you on the east coast Doug:cool: If you ever need a Nebraska or Wyoming or Colorado inspection let me know:biggrin:

Ty

Thanks, Ty, I'll keep that in mind....:)

Anyone else interested in poking around an old car out east?

I don't think it's unreasonable, just to go check out a car for someone....

What's your time worth, Primetime? $500?? $1,000?? :rolleyes:

If I was in the area, I'd do it.

Nothing but a typical post for Bandaid. Nothing to say but useless input to the board. Nothing but disrespect to its members. Nothing ever to contribute. Nothing ever positive to say. Nothing ever worth reading let alone to respond to. Typical internet basher with nothing to do! Did I say anything postive? No just a bunch of nothing.:p

Doug, you should up it to at least $50 and a Burger King lunch!

I am in Va so I can't help but the last couple posts made me laugh though...:smile:

Doug,

I may be going up to Connecticut this weekend to check out a 65 chevelle ss,I may even make it up there earlier depending on my schedule.I will be going to Norwalk...It is about 1-1/2 Drive north for me....I wouldn't have a problem checking out the one in CT for you as long as it's not really far from Norwalk.

I could shoot any specific pictures you may want......Test drive......See how long of a burnout it will do......Check the top speed .....(Just Kidding!!!...I really wont shoot any pictures...:biggrin: )

This is my cell #...732-778-2273.. you can call me anytime to see if we can get something set up.

Shawn

I'd do it for free if it were in my NOTW. It'd be fun! I've done a hell of a lot more for a hell of a lot less for a friend...

strike

A member of our community made a simple request, if you cannot assist him or you have nothing relevent to add, it's probably best if you don't comment at all. Please stay on track.

Back on track

I've helped out Doug on a car that was local to me. All went well for both parties as it resulted in a sale.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again if the need arises.

Thanks for the props, Chuck. Ironically, I'm looking at buying the exact same type of car I bought last year...one of them is even in the same colors!

Shawn, I will give you a call here in a little while and see what we can work out. Thanks for offering to help!

Still don't have the Scarborough ME car nailed down yet, so any of you extreme Northeasters who want to check it out, let me know...:cool:

Thanks for the props, Chuck. Ironically, I'm looking at buying the exact same type of car I bought last year...one of them is even in the same colors!

Shawn, I will give you a call here in a little while and see what we can work out. Thanks for offering to help!

Still don't have the Scarborough ME car nailed down yet, so any of you extreme Northeasters who want to check it out, let me know...:cool:

how far up from Boston is the one in Maine ??? ya I am to lazy to do a search :cool:

Doug,

I may be going up to Connecticut this weekend to check out a 65 chevelle ss,I may even make it up there earlier depending on my schedule.I will be going to Norwalk...It is about 1-1/2 Drive north for me....I wouldn't have a problem checking out the one in CT for you as long as it's not really far from Norwalk.

I could shoot any specific pictures you may want......Test drive......See how long of a burnout it will do......Check the top speed .....(Just Kidding!!!...I really wont shoot any pictures...:biggrin: )

This is my cell #...732-778-2273.. you can call me anytime to see if we can get something set up.

Shawn

I am in CT,Not real far from Darien,BUt my schedule is real busy so it would take me a week maybe to get there.
You will pass Darien on 95 if your going to norwalk.

Contact JRSGN on this board,He is not far from there.

CAll Jim Rome,I just talked to him and he could look at the one in Darien
203-223-0379

Grumpy, Scarborough looks to be roughly 100 miles north of Boston proper, less from places like Lowell or Manchester.

Thanks guys for all the contacts. I will get in contact with folks until I'm able to lock these inspections in place. I'll post once I determine if I've got these covered yet or need more help.

Looks like I have the Darien connection set up (thanks, Jim R!). Still looking for a connection up near Scarborough or Freeport, ME.

Anyone?

I would do the one in maine but I am busy working 2 jobs to make up for the one i lost.... I don't have time to fart :( Chances are both cars have been imported to the northeast.

You are correct Steve about the Scarborough Maine car being imported....spent almost it's whole life in Washington State.

Still hoping to find someone in the area to look at this one for me......

Do the inspection, then take your wife out to dinner on me...get some num nums later....lol. Everybody wins!:biggrin:

A very big and special thanks to Jim R. for taking his time this weekend to look at the car in Connecticut for me. Jim was extremely helpful and did a good job providing me all the information I was looking for. Definitely a good guy to know in the TR community.

Jim, let me know if I can ever return the favor...

Still hoping someone in the southern Maine area will be able to check out the other car for me, but I'm not as positive that's going to happen before I have to make a decision....