You can type here any text you want

Vehicle speed sensor needed.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
I have a customer that brought me a GNX repo dash with some parts missing. I need the VSS sensor that goes between the two speedo cables that are joined together near the location of the powermaster brake unit.

Rick, In case anyone else is interested John Spina of Casper's electronics a genius with this stuff gave me some advise also. His quote about that website is he's not sure the part that they have, part number 2PRS, will work. It shows it as a square wave style that fits GM cars, Whats needed is a 2 pulse sine wave part to interface with the VSS buffer box. If it’s a square wave output, it’s probably a 3 wire. The sine wave parts would have only two wires. But for me its a place to start.

Lou, that is the correct part number. I know because I bought one (and one for a spare). However there was something funky about how the buffer is hooked up. Iirc one of the wires was not connected. Let me know when you get to that point and I will take a look for you. Oh, the owner of Jags once owned a gn. He is very familiar with the part that u need. Call him soon because that part is in short supply.

Lou, that is the correct part number. I know because I bought one (and one for a spare). However there was something funky about how the buffer is hooked up. Iirc one of the wires was not connected. Let me know when you get to that point and I will take a look for you. Oh, the owner of Jags once owned a gn. He is very familiar with the part that u need. Call him soon because that part is in short supply.
The black wire on the buffer module is not used. Like I said I spoke at length with John at Caspers if you have any questions about how it's supposed to be wired. He seems to know all about it & i won't pretend to. Take care Lou

Back