You can type here any text you want

verified timing, a few questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kidglok

Balls Deep
pacecarta and i verified the timing yesterday with a dial back light, i checked the box in the xfi to lock the timing at 30*. We got about 29.5* at the balancer at idle, and at 2000rpm we got 28*. This was with the inductive delay set at 40. At the same 2000 rpm i adjusted the inductive delay to 96 and the timing read about 29.5*.

i didnt move the reference angle (left it at 10), but the inductive delay seemed to help at the higher rpm, my question is should i go ahead and move the inductive delay to lets say 110 to move it closer to the actual timing?
also can i move the reference angle to 10.5? or just leave the half degree off??

I dont see why you could not move it .5 degree's if needed, but the sensor number is supposed to be 96 where did you get the 40 from its for inductive crank sensors...?

I dont see why you could not move it .5 degree's if needed, but the sensor number is supposed to be 96 where did you get the 40 from its for inductive crank sensors...?

i thought decreasing the number reduced the amount of unwanted timing advance as rpm increased, just to be on the safe side before i knew what my timing verified at. I didnt want to be a few degrees on the high side and have the timing advance more as rpm increased

Back