very high knock numbers

mjs

I need help figuring out my car, I have a fresh rebuilt engine with a ta60 turbo, 55lb injectors,front mount intercooler, 206 cam, and cast iron ported heads with bigger valves, I have about 400 miles on engine and am having a very high knock problem between shifts, my scanmaster shows 38 degrees retard and around 840 02 counts around 58mph and it also happens when I am cruising at 65 mph on the freeway and floor it I can see my scanmaster see the same high numbers but when I start off in first gear there is no knock till it starts to shift and then I see it and let off the car. I am running 44lbs of fuel pressure with hose off and 94 octane fuel, I have checked motor mounts and the down pipe and nothing is hitting, I also tied the engine down on the drivers side so it will not move under torque, the car shifts fine and I keep turning the wastegate down and it does not improve at all, I would also like to know if this problem which I believe is false knock will hurt the head gaskets in any way, I also pulled the cam back out to make sure it was not worn and it checked out ok. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank You

*Usually* a knock count of that # (38) is false knock. Does it go away in the next frame?

This is what I usually do. First install a street timing chip. I then drain the tank and add 5 gallons of 110 or vpc16 116 race fuel. I set boost at 16 pounds. See if it knocks. If it does and you get that much knock then you have false knock. Now this can be any number of things but this would be a place to start.

Not using MSD SC wires right? Same thing was happening to me, all I did was change the MSD wires and all was well.