very slow 60' times

I second on the converter. I had put in a new AC converter and it would flash at 2k. I couldn't build any boost and would leave at 0 psi. Changed to the correct stall and my problems were fixed. Now I can leave at 12 psi.

I'm up at altitude with you (Denver) but my car doesn't seem to have any probs building boost. :eek: I can stomp gas and it'll build until my tires start to roast.

Also,... I get great shifts between 1/2 and 2/3 Depending on the type of pavement the tires will chirp really good or just break free.

the conveter stalls at 2350 i think, i hae a gidital dash, so no tach. i hooked up a big meter thing that tells you everything you'd ever want to know and it gave me that number, so its a d5. i wish i could run that thing in the car, but it has to be powered off of 110.

i'll definatly try giving it a little bit of throttle to raise boost, right now i do just floor it.

just for comparison, if you start out at a dead stop and hit the throttle, no power braking it. when does the turbo start to spool up? mine goes up slowly then when i hit about 30mph it hits very hard, but below that its very little boost.

I'll have to pay closer attention,... I'm pretty sure I'm building lots of boost down low after the initial lag when just stomping on the gas.

Going to be too cold to do anything this eve even though the roads are all dry. (Saying it'll be around zero,... ) I'll be able to maybe give a beter comparison to mine once the weather gets a bit nicer here in a couple days.

Originally posted by denn454
just for comparison, if you start out at a dead stop and hit the throttle, no power braking it. when does the turbo start to spool up? mine goes up slowly then when i hit about 30mph it hits very hard, but below that its very little boost.
NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE! Sounds like bad tune not converter.
You should get a scan tool if you don't have one then you can see exactly what the car is running like and how the settings are set.
I get Full boost in about 20 feet from a dead idle and this is through the factory exhaust (no cat). You have to find out why it takes so long to build boost and I doubt it's the converter.

ks:cool: