You can type here any text you want

videos

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
nice runs, where you running the same boost as you did when they dyno'd at 460 rwhp? What was the #'s ran. When you dyno'd, was the converter locked, looks like it may have been, either way good job :)

???

i ran about 20-21 psi on sunday....at the dyno about 24-psi really fat on the top end....convertor locked at dyno and on the 2nd and 3rd runs...
pump gas with one gallon of 110 mixed in....with alky on a race chip....

Watchin this kinda stuff just gets me AMPED!!

I can't wait to get the GN out after I get the 3" DP on and absolutely lay the smackdown on a PINK late 80's Civic that a guy owns accross the street from me.

The idiot gets out there and Revs the crap out of the thing for a fe wminutes and then just goes back in the house. I guess he just likes to listen to the fartcan and look at his 5" tach on the dash (with shift light of course)

you sure this is only 1/8th mile? 11sec at 114...doesn't make sense if only 1/8th mile...must be 1/4.

yes

the first is at the 1/8th in nashville where i live the second one is at BG about an hour from me...

Re: yes

Originally posted by sdteb
the first is at the 1/8th in nashville where i live the second one is at BG about an hour from me...

I just noticed you live in Nashville. If you are ever around Chattanooga, we could meet up at the local drag strip sometime, show them what turboBuicks are all about!!!

The P A announcer has to go

Typical chick, shes announcing how nice and rare the viper is then it gets beat like a red headed stepchild by everything it raced. Who gave her the mic anyway.;)

I really enjoyed watching your videos and the way you spanked every car that came your way. I have an 86 Grand National which runs about the same as your car. My GN is 3800lbs with me in it and aso runs 114mph in the 1/4. I never tested my GN on a dyno but I always thought that with the weight of the car and the mph it runs it should have 450 HP at the motor. I know when you tried your car on the wheeldyno you were running 24 lbs of boost and that when you were racing your car at the track you were running 20-21 lbs of boost. Did you ever try your car at 20-21lbs of boost on the the wheeldyno to see the difference in HP gains at 24lbs of boost? Did you ever try your car at the track with the same set up you had on the dyno at 24 lbs of boost? I was really impressed with the HP and sick torgue you made at the wheels. I have never locked my torque convertor and was wondering if you could tell me how much you have gained in mph, ET, HP by locking your torque? In which gear do you lock the torque convertor? I would really apreciate if you could answer my questions and if you could tell me what is the set up of your car, here is the set up of my car.

Thanks
Marco

86 Grand National t-top (59000km)
stock long block,stock suspension, red stripe convertor, te44, smc alk injection, 24lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, tomco 30lbs injectors, dynotech stage 4 street chip, thdp, mease 24 row IC, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3800lbs race weight with driver.
best ET
60FT=1.52
1/8= 7.38
I/4= 11.74
MPH=113
BEST MPH= 114

yes

i have yet to get it to run out 3rd gear at BG...it should get close to 121mph in the 1/4
motor work done by Russell Hunt in Leoma TN...
setup
hand ported irons, intake
212/212 comp cam off the shelf
ferrea valves
stock tranny...just got my lonnie diers tranny this week...installing as we speak...
3000 orange stripe
te 44
precision FMIC
SMC alky
turbotweak alky chip
stock rearend Being refreshed now also...
et streets 26 inch...going to 28's
atr rear sway bar
BMR lowers
front sway bar is on the car...
lost of help from NEIL and Bryan from KS
lots of patience and lots o money...
i ran last week 7.5's at over 94 mph on ****ty track in Clarksville tn on 25 lbs of boost spinng all 60ft...
will do more video testing after my honeymoon...getting married on sat then going to paris, spain and italy til the 20th...let you know when i return....going to take the comp valve springs outta the car ....they may be letting the car fall on its face on the top...egt's never went over 1417...way too rich...in the 1/4 that is...

Bryan NEIL Thanks again for all your help and answers to my dumb questions...!!

No problem bud, just hope we can tune it for a 10.99 or better with that itty bitty te44:D

BW

Not if I can help it! I got a case of beer on this race! ;)

JK, I wouldnt steer you in the wrong direction Shandy :p

wow

On the internet here in Paris, very large city....and wow they cannot drive for poo.....glad we dont have a car....off to spain tomorrow...where we are renting a renault clie' neil and bryan...will get yall something from here....6153104700 works if you want to call...when we checked in there was a 550 maranello in front....they must not wash cars here as every one is dirty...including the ferrari....saw a maybach also...very cool benz....

Back