You can type here any text you want

Vintage Air Install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Since Nick has now started shipping the Vintage Air units, we probably need a thread to cover the install that various members perform and showcase their unique work. It will be a while until I can work on my install so if someone forges ahead, please keep us posted here.
Conrad

I'm waiting to see how they go together in someone's garage at home.... Then I'll be getting one...

This is next on my project list. Cannot wait to get all that XXXX off the firewall!
Conrad

I have been looking at these kits, I may just buy a universal and do it my way. I have a Buick/Olds wagon, with a Grand Prix dash.

i got the main unit on mine installed yesterday, waiting for some bracket that i painted to dry then i'll put dash in. hoping to get condenser and dryer mounted today so i can see what i need to do for lines, i'll post pics later this weekend.

got a little work done this weekend on A/C install.

Attachments

• IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1193.jpg
    IMG_1193.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 327
cool, have you put your dash back in yet? thats my next item i need to figure out how to seal the defrost vents from vintage air to the dash.

Nope. I still need to order the drier and condenser so I can start routing lines.

mine came in yesterday didn't take much to mount them, probably gonna put dash in before i order lines thou.

We have made a couple custom cowl plate extensions at the windshield base, and are looking to make them in small quantities.

It provides a more finished look.

VA COWL PLATE EXTENSION.jpg

image.png
Nick, did you use an A/C adapter fitting for the compressor? I got one and the -8 side is really close to the alternator. What did you use?

Thanks

Back