You can type here any text you want

Viper GTS goes down

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XLR8

Lost at Altitude
I was at the track last night for test and tune. I had the wife and kids with me and I was just out to make a few passes. The only race prep I did was turn off the AC. On my second pass I lined up next to a dark blue with white stripes Viper GTS. :eek: I usualy don't care about reaction times when testing, but, I did not want to lose to the Viper.
As the lights came down, I only had 3# of boost built up but cut a .61 light. The Viper red lighted at .397 but by the 60' I was out in front and never saw him again. :D
I ran a 13.24 @ 107 to his 13.93 @ 105. Again this was in pure street trim which is about a second slower than race trim. After the race, people came up to me in the pits and congratulated me. :D Also, the rest of the night in the staging lanes people kept giving me a thumbs up. Even guys in 10 second race cars were giving me a nod or a wink. :D

Good kill........ Good thing he couldn't drive. Vipers are good for at least low 12s with an average driver.

Originally posted by timothydog
At least low 12's my ass.
I would say low 13's best. Maybe a 12 with a good driver.

????????

you trippin my buddys 97 gts went 11.90's at 118 bone stock down to stock air filters and tires.

after k=n filters and exaust the car run 1170 at 124 mph still everything else bone stock and still on factory michelins

he cant get no better et due to the tires... he's babying first and second to run them times.

gts is not a regular viper...that would be saying a GNX is a regular GN

Altitude....

I would say that is running good for a stock GTS at 4800 feet... Vipers are nice but any car at that altitude will run slower. I know I used to live in Odessa, Texas which is roughly 3400 feet with 0 humidity, dry , desert... My car makes so much more power here in Houston...as for low 13s on that Viper...at that altitude..yeah.

We were at Bandimere - 5800 ft elevation. On the mountain, boost is good.:D

Royal,
How did the race with the NSX turn out? What did it run?

I was unable to make it as I was in mourning over my GN's broken trans. which developed on Monday. :(

But, it sounds like you had some fun. :D

Themguy that owned the NSX showed, but did not bring his car. Since he saw me take the Viper, he said he may bring his car out for fun, but no way could he take me. :D
I hope you get your tranny problem fixed. :(

Nice...

Hey there...I was the guy with the 87 GN that was talking to you Royal. Nice runs, what PSI were you running? My buddy was hitting 13.1's with a stock Supra, so we were really happy with that. Anyway, I saw that big dude tell you that he didn't want to mess with you after he saw you smoke the GTS....that was funny! Laters,

Justin

Back