virginia area bs thread

Originally posted by Steve V
I'll take a new actuator,email is ffffed up I'll PM ya Sat.

okies ...I am out of town at the moment. I will be returning in a week or so ...I can send ya a pic then and we can workout payment and shipping.

David

D.K.!!

Dave:

How's the car coming? I'm getting all of the little things fixed on my beater (Astro), bushings, ball joints, control arms, springs, shocks, body bushings, axles, rebuild rear, etc. I want to be able to enjoy driving the car again. Right now, it rides like a truck and I'm sick of it. I'm hoping to have everything finished over the next 3 weeks. I'm planning to go to Orlando, provided Razor can get enough cars/people to commit.

As much as I'd like to avoid it...a bar may be in the future for Astro. The car is too fast and too much fun to take to the track just to have to slow it down.

-Bobby

Dave thiats cool. I am not in a rush. I will set aside the $$$ for when you get home. How far is your place from the beach?

Re: D.K.!!

Originally posted by Bmason
Dave:

How's the car coming? I'm getting all of the little things fixed on my beater (Astro), bushings, ball joints, control arms, springs, shocks, body bushings, axles, rebuild rear, etc.

Thats a lot of work there Bobby. Do you think adding the GNX, and other body bushings will help keep body from cracking when using a T-Brake? I was thinking of doing this, adding the missing bushings.....easy job?

I know wern't asking me....but I'll add my experience. I installed the GNX bushings on my Top GN. Not too hard just take out the body mount bolts to about the middle of the doors and coaherse them in:D And if your missing bushings you can add them at that time also. I did not remove the bumper as some suggest.

GNX bushings!

I dunno? I've never done it. I wouldn't think that'll help in saving your car from t-brake launches. I think you need to brace your body, period. GNX bushings are not going to do anything for you there. Man...just bite the bullet, brace the body and put a bar in it and be done with it. I'm doing the bushings because I want my ride quality back. It flat out sucks to drive this car over any type of bump. I've neglected the suspension for way too long.

I'm seeing the direction that Astro is going and it's getting more expensive every time I start to think about it. I'm going to look at a couple of options for the bar. I can tell you this much...it won't be done by anyone around here.

-Bobby

Re: D.K.!!

Originally posted by Bmason
Dave:

How's the car coming? I'm getting all of the little things fixed on my beater (Astro), bushings, ball joints, control arms, springs, shocks, body bushings, axles, rebuild rear, etc. I want to be able to enjoy driving the car again. Right now, it rides like a truck and I'm sick of it. I'm hoping to have everything finished over the next 3 weeks. I'm planning to go to Orlando, provided Razor can get enough cars/people to commit.

As much as I'd like to avoid it...a bar may be in the future for Astro. The car is too fast and too much fun to take to the track just to have to slow it down.

-Bobby

Car is getting there ... Red is building the short block for me. I picked up a CK stage 2 tranny and hope to have the car finished by march for the track rental.

-------------------------------------------------
Sale pending on TE-63e

Getting in the loop

Thanks to ncgreg for pointing me in the right direction.
I am in NE Suffolk by the M&M.
So, when the sun decides to come out on a weekend, where does everyone get together?
Thanks.

what is the M&M?

If you find some of the posts by "Reds Hot Air" he'd be one of the folks I'd get in touch with. I use to be up there when I was in the Navy (93-97) and I remember Patrick Henry Mall was a pretty big gathering on Sat nights back then. There was also a bar on Independence Blvd in Va Beach, can't remember the name of it at the moment, though.

I use to go and hangout with a service tech who worked at Performance Pontiac (I think that was the name of the dealership) named Frank Baber. Last I heard (it's been a while now) he had this sweet Limited (Metalic Pearl) and had added some of those Hurst Lightning Rod shifters. That was one of the most beautiful Regals I have seen.

Happy Hunting,
-Greg

Im not hard to find Im at the other end of the M+M

hit me up at the # in the sig ..once it warms up we'll have a local buick get together ... so everyone can meet each other

I plan to have a couple track rental days this season also for locals around here and the richmond guys If they wish to join in

RED

M&M is the Monitor-Merrimac Bridge Tunnel. And Frank, "Dr Turbo" has done work on the car. Great guy! He may be gone by now as he was planning on moving to NC.
And I will be looking to head out to the track in the spring.
BTW, anyone locally heading to the Nats?

bling bling

hey guys, i just moved to the neighborhood and im looking for a chrome shop, not that im going to bling out my car but i have a few parts that will probably sell for more on ebay if they were chromed. i wont put any chrome on till im done with the bodywork, paint, interior, and all the other necessary stuff that comes with owning a 19 year old car. thanks guys. :D

Can't help ya with the bling,bling shop. I personally don't like a lot of chrome on TR's:)

Re: RED

Originally posted by blackbird
hey red, do you do any body work??

depends on what she looks like :eek:

as far as on cars ....NO...Im no body guy

you'll check out Bobby's thread and join in :)

need parts swapped out , an engine built ,mild fabrication,frame notch, tuning done, a problem found or anything along them lines I gotcha covered

I have connections in many other fields as far as custom roll cages , full framing etc etc

hopefully wont be much longer before I start vending some parts also..I suspect things to take off pretty good this summer :cool: