virginia area bs thread

Re: Re: RED

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
depends on what she looks like :eek:

as far as on cars ....NO...Im no body guy

you'll check out Bobby's thread and join in :)

need parts swapped out , an engine built ,mild fabrication,frame notch, tuning done, a problem found or anything along them lines I gotcha covered

I have connections in many other fields as far as custom roll cages , full framing etc etc

hopefully wont be much longer before I start vending some parts also..I suspect things to take off pretty good this summer :cool:

damn my bad luck, body work is what im shopping for, my A-Pillar cracked on the drive from illinois. any of your connections i can contact?? thanks:)

Body work...

If you are looking for top notch body work,you may want to consider London Bridge Mo Co. They are in Va Beach. They've had my GN 3 weeks prepping,for new paint and as go check on it daily since I work across the street and it looks very nice. It's supposed to get shot tommorrow so I am hoping I can get it home and start reassembling it this weekend.:D

Hey Red when your business takes off and you need employees I AM your man;)

so do you have body work to do or are you just wanting cracks welded up and ground down and a paint job?

I just found out today that a friend of mine that use to do body and painting is looking to get back into it

Im hauling a GN up there to him tomarrow to get painted .

If it has no major rust or wreck damage he may be interested in doing it after this one Im taking to him ..

He dont care to mess with nothing in too bad of shape and he will only do top notch work so if your looking for something cheap it wont be him

Once he does this one I'll see if he's interested in doing more

LOL Steve I cant afford to pay myself yet :eek: cost $ to make $

A pillars are known to crack on these cars ..I dont think you can do much about them but weld them up and hope for the best

LOL...Red,:D

Blackbird,if go by there ask for Charlie and tell him Steve from Automatic Specailties sent you. He may even let you have a peak at mine.:cool: Good body work is not cheap.

Red, i have a cracked A-pillar due to rust, then theres a small 3-4 inch hole where the exhaust comes out on the drivers quarter panel and some rust on the trunk just over the taillights. overall the car looks pretty nice when cleaned up and shiny, some people dont even notice the spots. there are a couple of very small dings in the doors and fender and the paint on the top over the passenger seat is cracking. so i need two spots welded and painting. i can always bring the heap by so your buddy can make a decision. i was expecting to shell out 3-4 grand for a nice paint job.

Steve, thanks for letting me use your name, ill go by today as soon as my furniture gets here, if not tomorrow.

thanks guys!!!

Bbird,that no prob,my car is still there so Wed is good too. I think they do estimates between 9-4 not sure if they break for lunch. The key to saving $$$ is pull EVERYTHING of your car that you can,I did this,so all the shop has to do is sand,fix,prime and paint. Then you get it back and put it all back together without scratching the new paint!!:D

Everything??

i figure the badges, but what else can i take off and still drive it to the shop??

Badges,emblems,grill,fender moldings,trunk trim hood trim,window trim,ground effects,headlight bezels,headlights. I took the bumpers off and the rubber strips too. I also poped out the quarter windows all of the windsheild trim. I also removed weatherstrips(I was repalcing them anyway). All of this is the removal before they can start prep and finsih work installing it after painting is done. I am very pickey also:D

LCAs

anyone local need a set of boxed lower control arms? I have a set I just pulled off my car. They have stock bushings in them. If interested; make me an offer.

Thanks,

GN Mechanical Repair in Richmond/Mechanicsville,VA Area

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a mechanic for Grand Nationals in the Richmond/Mechanicsville area? Needed for tuning, rebuilding suspension, exhaust work, etc.... no body work needed.

Thank you.

Re: GN Mechanical Repair in Richmond/Mechanicsville,VA Area

Originally posted by MBKBJB
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a mechanic for Grand Nationals in the Richmond/Mechanicsville area? Needed for tuning, rebuilding suspension, exhaust work, etc.... no body work needed.

Thank you.

Contact Red at EVTB, he will get you fixed up. You won't find a better person to do the work for you. He can handle anything ...from mild to wild ... he can do it.

Originally posted by MBKBJB
Does he have a web site?

no not yet but its in planning

Im right here :)

Bmason may be able to help you out also

I can handle anything you need or want done

My # is in my sig if you want to call .. late evening time is best :)

Where are you located in Newport News?

He place is near interstate 64 and Mercury Blvd ... Not hard at all to get to. Give him a call in a couple of hours ..he is richmond right now picking up a t type.

Hello,

Red, do you pick up cars and work on them and then return them....just curious since you were picking up a T-Type in Richmond tonight.

I will compile a list of things I would like to have done to my G/N and send them to you. Let me know what you think.

Thank you!