You can type here any text you want

Visiting Orlando

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JoyOf6

I'll be in Orlando for a few days, and thought I'd hit Orlando Speedworld either for test and tune Friday (10/31) or more likely the bracket races on Saturday (11/1). Just watching. Maybe see you there.

Art

9.43 @ 143, running out of steam

Come by and hang with us at our monthly meeting , the directions are posted here or e-mail me and I'll give you my number and give them to you ......Central Florida Club Meet Nov 2nd.

Jesse

Jesse, thanks very much for the invite, but I'm covered up on Sunday... my conference begins. I decided to plan on watching the Sat brackets. It'll be interesting to compare to what goes on here.

BBeauty, the car is a blast when I'm not dealing with problems (too often).

Art

Speedworld was hoppin'

I made it to Speedworld on Saturday night while waiting for my conference to begin. There was a great turnout for the brackets with the Q32 especially drawing an impressive group of cars. With 16/32 sub-8 second cars and one in the 6.9's, I considered that a good show. All but a couple were dragsters/roadsters and the bump spot was 8.43. Temperature was in the mid 50's and people were really happy with that. It was well worth it. (I didn't see any Buicks.)

Art

Art,
I was glad you had a good time. You couldn't have picked a better bracket night. Q-32 is the biggest night of the month, then the cold weather brings in even more people. Look forward to seeing you in BG. Hopefully, I can convince you to run TSS/TBB. With your skills at the tree, you should do well.

Yes, I was lucky to visit on that day, thanks for steering me to Saturday, although I'm not sure I agree with everything you said ;). I'm still considering making the change necessary to run TBB, but not the turbo/converter change really needed to close the gap. Being "invited" really does make a difference, but I wish there were incentives to choose this tough class. Upping the payouts considerably would help, and would help underline the intended (?) significance of TBB.

Later,

Art

Back