You can type here any text you want

Vp Q16?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XXQUICK6XX

Is anybody either ran or tuned with it yet? I remember the rep sayiny you will have to move your ve table up about 4-5? I was wondering if that sounds about correct.

Steve:confused:

Yes, you will need to richen the target a/f. On my V8 I had to go from 11.6a/f to 11.3 to keep the plugs looking good.

Dusty, maybe somebody should send in a sample to the BG race folks to see if it will pass a fuel check at the Nats? :)

Any more power ?

Hard to say. VP says yes. We have now swapped 2 turbo cars over and haven't picked up anything but we didn't swap fuel at the track for back to back tests. Both of these are V8 cars in the 1800-1900hp range. These cars run on radials so your pulling power away for most of the run so it's hard to judge. MPH can easily vary 4-5mph a pass also so it's not the best testing conditions.

Write up.

Q-16

Attachments

• Q-16 fuel.jpg
    Q-16 fuel.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 412
Some times I just hate computers and trying to resize things.

NEW! Q16
Q16 will work well in any drag racing or circle track application -- naturally aspirated, nitrous or blowers. Q16 is highly oxygenated, requiring a 4-6% increase in fuel flow, which will make 3-5% more power than competitive 116 octane fuels. Q16's oxygenation will significantly expand the range of air/fuel ratio acceptability, so performance will be more consistent and won't vary as dramatically with altitude or density changes. For bracket racers, variations in ET from run to run will be substantially reduced. This added fuel flow also effectively increases its octane by 6-8 numbers above its standard ASTM octane rating.

• Color: Yellow
• Oxygenated: Yes
• Motor Octane: 116
• Research Octane: 120+
• Specific Gravity: .716 at 60° F

Back