You can type here any text you want

Vsc

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Cal,

What is the redline on your motor?
Do the stage 1 type heads only like around 7000rpm?

Are you going to run NMCA this year?

Only 17 more questions for an even 20 =)

Originally posted by John Wilde
Cal,

FWIW, I run aluminum stage heads and shift at 6000 RPM's. Well maybe 6700 when I'm sleeping and staring into the shift light like a deer in headlights saying to myself, "look at that pretty yellow light, wonder what it means".... :) My MAX HP is reached at about 5850 so hanging in there much more doesn't really buy me anything other than undue wear and stress.

Originally posted by John Wilde
Cal,

Boy, I didn't intend to take over a thread :)

Now that I have made changes, I am able to get more rpms out of the motor. Right now, it lays over around 7400 when on "kill" mode. Normally, I shift it at 6600 when I am not trying to kill it.

I am trying to get a copy of the NMCA rules. If my car is allowed, I will run the Drag Radial class. Otherwise, I will try a couple of Limtied Street races, even though I am over 400#'s heavy:eek:

Cal,

I will try and help you.
Last years rules do not look that good for drag radial.

Block - All blocks are restricted to mass production, readily available units originally installed in passenger vehicles or trucks. Casting numbers must cross-reference an automotive application, as produced and installed en masse. No crate/marine blocks allowed (Chevy 502 blocks not allowed). No modifications may be made to facilitate overbores larger than produced by the factory. Sleeves allowable for repair reasons only.

Turbocharger - A single turbocharger is allowed in conjunction with a carburetor only. Turbocharger is limited to a 101mm-inducer wheel diameter. Injection of any liquid, gas or any other substance in the inlet or exhaust housing prohibited

Cal,

Shoot me an email I have the first run rules for this year!!!

Back