You can type here any text you want

VSS sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SloGN

I'm a ASSHOLE.....
hey guys

Do you know if GM ever made a VSS that will fit the 200-4r case where the speedo cable unit is at.

what i would like to do is have the VSS on the side of the trans and also have a cable to run the speedo.

the reason i am wanting this is cause i seem to be having trouble with knock issues when the car shifts into second and it spins the tires then grabs traction making the speedo cable whip. for example ( spins the tires up to 80 mph then bites the spedo gets whips back to 20 mph) when this happens it makes the LV8 go crazy and the car spark knocks badly cause it see the LV8 drop and it jacks the timing up.

so i want to put the VSS sensor on the trans to eliminate the problem

TIA pat

I doubt the speedometer is the reason, for the ECM gets it's engine speed signals from the crank sensor.

Knock gets worse the higher the gear (if the boost & timing are the same), so how does it act going into third? What's the boost levels like? What octane fuel do you run? Do you have any ECM codes? Is the engine carboned up? Does the solenoid wastegate work right?

Does the TCC come on too early?

Hacksaw said:
I doubt the speedometer is the reason, for the ECM gets it's engine speed signals from the crank sensor.

Knock gets worse the higher the gear (if the boost & timing are the same), so how does it act going into third? What's the boost levels like? What octane fuel do you run? Do you have any ECM codes? Is the engine carboned up? Does the solenoid wastegate work right?

Does the TCC come on too early?

No it only seems to do it when the car spins the tires hard when it shifts to second gear. i have the direct scan files to show what it's doing.

Back