Walbro Fs111 Filter

V6cious

I just got the recomended sock for my Walbro but the opening is larger than the the pump neck. Could i for some reason have the wrong pump/

I just got the recomended sock for my Walbro but the opening is larger than the the pump neck. Could i for some reason have the wrong pump/

The fuel sock for the stock pump is Autozone part # FS30 you could take your fuel pump to the store and see if that one fits or maybe they could try and find one that will fit for you.

I have 3 Walbro pumps here and they are GSS340,GSS340M,GSS344 and they all use the FS111 fuel sock.

the 340 and the 340M do not use the same sock, the 340 is bigger the M means it was machined for a smaller sock.
Mike

The Racetronix Walbro 340M that i have here in front of me along side the GSS344 both have the big inlet FS111 fuel sock on them and the Walbro 340 i have in the tank right now has the same fuel sock.

I don't know what the differance is or supposed to be, but i do know what i'm using for the fuel sock and it fits perfect for all 3 pumps i have, FS111.

The date code on my Walbro indicates that it was manufactured in 2007. I'm thinking that there may have been slight changes since then. But I do know that I purchased the highest rated pump at the time. My pump also does not have the 340 number cast on it. There is some long number ending in 169.

The pump works and has low miles but I just want some clarification from you guys before I proceed further. I don't plan on changing anymore headgaskets soon.

A walbro 340 pump is set up for a Ford application, it will not fit in the Buick hangar properly, Walbro began to machine the 340 pump inlets in a lathe to make them smaller on the outside so a stock size GM sock would fit ti andf it would fit the hangar. They would them scratch an "M" after the part number this is a 340M. I believe Racetronix alos machines the pumps for proper fitment on his own. The pump that ends with 169 is exactly the same pump inside and as far as flow goes but it is the pump that Walbro made for GM applications it uses a completely different sock than a 340 or a 340M
Mike

Thanks alot guys this is what I was wanting to hear!!! I can now put that money toward some other performance goody,