Walbro Pump Question

V6cious

I know that this is not the actual way to test a Walbro pump but I have to ask. I have the pump hanger out of tank and I turned pump on halfway submerged in gas. The question is should I be able to stop the flow of fuel by placing finger on out flow tube of hanger. I'm on my 3rd headgasket just want some sort of verification of this. I am able to get 45psi at fuel rail vaccum line off with guage. I was able to notice that I had slight fuel bleed by under 1 of my clamps while restricting outflow... For now on I will run 4 clamps on hanger to pump hose.

I know that this is not the actual way to test a Walbro pump but I have to ask. I have the pump hanger out of tank and I turned pump on halfway submerged in gas. The question is should I be able to stop the flow of fuel by placing finger on out flow tube of hanger. I'm on my 3rd headgasket just want some sort of verification of this. I am able to get 45psi at fuel rail vaccum line off with guage. I was able to notice that I had slight fuel bleed by under 1 of my clamps while restricting outflow... For now on I will run 4 clamps on hanger to pump hose.

Figuring that a Walbro should be able to dead-head above 90 psi, I'd say no. Shouldn't be able to stop the flow by placing your finger over the output. But I haven't tried this either, doesn't sound like a good idea.

I would imagine that with a good pump you would be taking a shower in gasoline.

You could place the fuel pressure gauge on the end of the line, then dead head the pump against it (for a short period of time).

RemoveBeforeFlight

Attach a hose to the pump outlet, then to an in-line pressure gauge then to a valve (hose spigot works). Dump the valve outlet into a 1 gal paint can. Power up the pump, adjust the pressure to 60 psi, then time with a stopwatch how long it takes to fill the 1-gal can. Should take about 70 seconds or less (at 12v, battery voltage).

I have heard u attach a fp gauge to the rail and adjust your reg all the way up then power the fp and see where it gets u like stated above it should be well over 90psi