You can type here any text you want

Want to Buy a Burner

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cjcwi87

Going to try my hand at tweaking my own chips. Whats a good cheap burner for personal use. Also where can I buy it and an eraser. Would also like software that is easy to use. Whats the deal on a mask sodtware and where do I get that? I am interested only in covering the 86/87 turbo chips and maybe my buddies turbo Reatta (a 27C256) but if it will do others, thats a plus. :confused:

Buy a Pocket Programmer II and be done with it.

Also if you are smart, socket the 148 ecm and use flash chips(29c256) and u wont have to deal with crappy 2732's ever again and wondering if this one will work or it didnt burn or what not.

Lots of other options to, but I heavily rec. socketing for the flash chips

later
Jeremy

3.8TransAM said:
Also if you are smart, socket the 148 ecm and use flash chips(29c256) and u wont have to deal with crappy 2732's ever again and wondering if this one will work or it didnt burn or what not.

Lots of other options to, but I heavily rec. socketing for the flash chips

later
Jeremy
Even better is getting an 8-position thumbwheel setup, which just plugs right into the stock chip socket with no mods and allows you to use the AT29C256 chips which are electronically erasable...no UV light needed...and you can concatenate 8 regular TR chips onto 1 AT29C256 chip and use the thumbwheel to select between them...make multiple mods to a chip and then easily tell which mod works the best.

2QUIK6 said:
Even better is getting an 8-position thumbwheel setup, which just plugs right into the stock chip socket with no mods and allows you to use the AT29C256 chips which are electronically erasable...no UV light needed...and you can concatenate 8 regular TR chips onto 1 AT29C256 chip and use the thumbwheel to select between them...make multiple mods to a chip and then easily tell which mod works the best.

Not trying to Hijack this thread but .............
Who (Besides Caspers) can burn custom chips for this set-up?
I already have a Caspers 8 Pos chip and used it about 200 miles.
Now I need a custom chip. What options do I have?

Not sure if anyone else does customer 8-pos chips cause you are basically getting 8 chips in one...if the regular chip burners did it...would they charge you for 8 chips?? that would get expensive.

I do my own so its not an issue, but I think Caspers may be your only choice, just have to ask around.

reburning thumbwheel

Joe Lubrant will reburn them and he does a great job. I just got mine back and all is good. He is very reasonable and it is no where near burning 8 chips $. :D

Back