You can type here any text you want

want to get gta lips powder coated with clear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

racer5252

I want to powder coat the centers black and then clear powder coat the whole thing but will the clear bound to the lip if it is a mirror finish or does it have to be left a little more coarse?

I've had 2 sets of WS6/GTA wheels stripped,machined and then centers powdercoated one color and the bare aluminum powdered coated in clear.

I would never do it again. Either there is something about the aluminum or there is trapped solvent/gas in the metal but both times pockets of lifting developed and looks like total crap. They start out looking great and then a little light spot about the size of a pea develops. By the end of the summer it's the size of a dime.

I refinished the last set by having the factory clear buffed off and then polished and I refinished the center with regular enamel. It was 1/3 the cost and have gone 2 summers and still look great.

Hi, sorry to bring up an old thread but how are the lips holding up without the clear? I bought a set of GTA wheels and the guy that sold them to me said he removed the clear coat. I was wondering how yours are holding up since i have not installed mine yet.

Mine are holding up just fine. I did a quick once over this past winter with Mother's polish and that's it. As long as I dry them after washing the car I think they will last like this for years. I see no degridation of finish at all.

But, my car is a fair weather car too, and not a daily driver.

But I'm happy!

It is difficult to get powder to stick to polished metal. I'm working on my second attempt and so far so good, we will see. Our resident powder coater recommends a pretreat to get the powder to stick.

Mine have been redone several years back and all Clearcoated (not by me) and still look perfect and like Brand new!

Scot W.

Back