You can type here any text you want

Want to grind rocker pedestals....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rodney87GN

....with a Dremel. Anyone done it with one? And what's the best cutting bit or stone to use with a dremel. Yes I know a die grinder would be easier, I just don't have one.;) Thanks for any suggestions.

Dremel with stones. It is easy. Be careful the stones cut faster than you might think.

Stones OR carbide. Stones work well enough, that the price of carbide is not cost effective. I even use a large .750" diameter mounted stone on a die grinder to perform the task. It leaves a nice finish and is VERY fast at 25,000 RPM. It only takes me about 5-10 minutes to do all of them.

roller rockers

ALL shaft mounted 3.8 roller rockers have to have to ground? not one roller rocker manufacture makes a set that can be bolted onto a stock head without grinding?

ALL shaft mounted 3.8 roller rockers have to have to ground? not one roller rocker manufacture makes a set that can be bolted onto a stock head without grinding?

That is correct. (that is, the pedistals NEED to be trimmed) At least all that I have ever used. T&D, Harland Sharps, and even a set or two of old Kenne-Bell, and a set of Crane's from yester-year. The ones made from Unobtainium are bolt-on.;)

Thanks for the tips guys, sounds easy enough.

are you doing these with the heads still on the car ?

No I have the heads off right now for head gasket and valve spring replacement. I figure now would be a good time to clearance them.:)

I did mine on the car with a dremel and it was easy. Just the test fitting on and off was tedious. Off the car should be a dream.

Back