You can type here any text you want

Want to trade 86 SS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS/GN

Looking to trade my 86 Monte SS,see add #1047832 on racing junk.Will trade down or even for 86/87 TurboGrandnational or regal.Car is perfect can help with shipping.

Can't find your ad for some reason. Would have to be a pretty nice Monte to trade down or even. Not saying it isn't. If you can, post a few pics and details. A value would help too.

Trade down?:confused:

You beat me to it.

I haven't seen your ad, but to say you are willing to trade down for a GN, you better be coming with something a sh!tton better than stock.

I don't think you are going to get much love on here.

Okay I will talk slow,read add then pic my car apart,or if you are not serious well think about it.

Nice car here is a discription

1986 Monte Carlo SS guaranteed to be the cleanest, most well maintained SS in the country! Only 33000 original miles.
I have owned this car for 19 years. This car has never seen rain, or been left in the sun for more then one day at a time.
The interior in totally stock except for the custom head rests. There are no cracks or sun fade anywhere. The outside is original paint except for wheel wells (the car came with mud flaps which I removed and then painted the inner lip.) The rims are perfect, no cracks or marks, and the weights have been installed on the inside only. The windows are tinted aftermarket. There are a few stone chips (not many as the car has a bra for any highway cruises) the inside of the trunk is all original with a custom seat brace kit from Kirbans.
The undercarriage is perfect, not a spot missed. I took the suspension, gas tank, and power train out and polished the entire undercarriage. Any bolt that was dirty was replaced with oem or better quality. I used grade 8 bolts on the suspension and stainless nylock nuts instead of lockwashers. All suspension bushings were replaced with eurothane as were the motor mounts. The rear end and all frame braces were painted. The frame was left with factory wax type paint to keep original. The rear diff is out of a Grand National, it is an 8.5, 3.42 posi... Also, the 3.42 ratio gets 21 mpg on the highway. I also put new AC Delco shocks in at this time. The drive shaft is a 3inch .085 wall steel with spicer U joints. A custom drive shaft hoop was made to keep it looking factory.
The tranny is a stock 200 r4 with a transgo shift kit and all the usual upgrades to make it more it more durable like a GN servo, hardened stator support and a TCI lockup torque converter. It shifts stock under normal driving and firm under hard acceleration. There is also a tranny cooler with braided steel lines and aluminum Russle fittings.
The engine is a 9.5 to 1, 355 four bolt block with all the good pieces, including forged pistons, hydraulic cam, roller rockers, vortec steel heads and a Z28 oil pan. The headers are alum coated and go to cut outs into a stock mandrel bent dynamax exaust. The intake is a rpm air gap from Edlebrock. The carb is a Q-jet built by a super stock specialalist. The distributor is an hei withan msd coil and msd box hidden under the dash. The water pump is aluminum from Edlebrock with aluminum black powder coated March pulleys. All fuel and tranny lines are high pressure braided stainless with aluminum fittings. This car made 351 hp at the rear wheels, dyno sheets available. I also have the stock block and heads and they ( with a few other parts), also go with the car. There is an electric fan and fuel pump and if the new owner wants more stock look, I will install a new clutch fan and mechanical fuel pump. The wiper motor, alternator, master cylinder were also soda blasted and clear coated to keep looking clean forever.
This car rides and handles better then new. It has never been smoked in. It is a comfortable ride, firm but not harsh. The car idles smooth in gear with only slight lope in the cam shaft. The power brakes and all other accessories work as stock..
NO STROKERS, JOKERS, MEN THAT HAE TO ASK THEIR WIVES OR PEOPLE ON MEDICATION NEED PHONE

Good luck on selling or trading it for a GN.

Thanks for the reply.I also have a 87 Grandnational with 25000 miles.The reason I want to trade the Monte is I am looking for something not so perfect that may need paint and detailing.My goal is to build the 2nd Gn into more of a track warrior that I won't mind beating up.Thanks again ,have a good evening.

Sounds like a plan and that is one beautiful SS you have. I have to agree with you, I sure wouldn't want to hack up a 25k mile GN for the sole purpose of racing it. I'm sure someone will be intrested, best of luck on the sale.
Take Care.

Ray

Thanks for clearing that up, I understand where you are coming from now.

Not meant to bash.

Good luck either way.

I have seen both the SS,and the GN.Few finer.Kevin is a straight up guy who knows his stuff.He is an expert with these carbed cars.Anyone looking for a turn-key show car give this guy a call.Be prepared to be impressed.This guy's life revolves around these cars.Dave

I know Kevin too and have been trying to get that GN from him for a while.

It's like a new car.

Everything he has is top shelf and the pictures of the Monte prove how picky he is.

Nice car! try montecaloss.com.. What sucks about Montees is that no one wants to pay any REAL money for them.. I've had some REALLY nice ones, and a couple of national show winners, but never commanded any real money for any of them.. The car I currently own is an example, I would only get about 75% of what a Turbo Regal would sell for and about half of what a GN would sell for and its got a GN drivetrain!

Granted yours is an SS and a little more desirable than some of the Sport Coupes I've sold, but its not yet considered a collectible, about the only ones that are, are the 86 Aerocoupes of which only 200 were made. I wish you luck, and want to compliment you on such a nice car.. I'm not seen many nicer Monte SS's out there.

I'd tell you what I think you'll get for your car, but I bet you'd run me over with the car and then back up to finish me off.. Its unfortunate, but its not a car I'd expect to get GN money for.. I know the owner of a 1984 SS that has never been titled with 0 miles on the odometer still in the wrapper, there is not a nicer original Monte SS in the country, and one of the few I've seen untitled.. I bet he gets less for it than what your asking.

PS< have we met before? I thought I knew everyone in the Monte Circles :)

I am building a 84 Monte SS currently, and its amazing how great minds think alike, I am doing pretty much all the same things, 'cept I have a ZZ4 motor going in, it will rival this car when I'm finished.. and I'll never sell it! :biggrin:

I actually thought about a GN drivetrain for the ss,however I think I would put a ati procharger with a blow through carb for a different look.

I agree with the priceing on the car but I don't want an equal car as I am prepared to take lesser car and make it perfect.Keep in mind my ss was 17900 new and my GN was 24300 .Thanks for all the replies and possitive input I really appreciate it.G bodies rock.

G-Bodies do ROCK, and your right about the initial difference in pricing, but the recent pricing has little to do with what these cars cost new, it has to do with the current demand for the vehicle and their value not only as a car you can drive but as collectible and an investment; the real factors keeping GN prices so much higher than Montees.

I can get into the reasons why if you'd like, but one day your car will be worth something to the right buyer, just not yet, not old enough or desirable enough to be a true collectible. For now its a turn-key SHOW car that is in everyway better than stock and what GM should have built, but had they built it, it would have been a $25-$30k car at the time, and I doubt they would have sold very many at that price.

Kudos on sticking with the Q-jet carb, not sure why people immediately remove them, they are killer carbs, just hard to find someone who knows anything about them..

I hope you have some really detailed pics, I'd love to get my car to this standard.. Am working on it.

I am fortunate,and crew on a superstock 2001 454 firebird and we have to run a Q-jet.The car owner showed me lots of tricks and I specialize in Q-jets ,carters and thermo quads.I have built many for every combination.Thanks again.

I really want a white or silver/gray regal,any trades.Thanks also for all the possitive feedback.This is why I like my GN good people and fun racing.Happy holidays.

Back