Wanting a ball bearing turbo !! Help please!!!!

I went 10.61 on a 59mm compressor wheel in a full weight steel GN. It was a cast wheel and it was also from the mid 90's :tongue:.

I see PTE sells a 5865 turbo rated at 580 hp or so. The size is close to the older GT3255 right? That was a good option in it's day.

I see PTE sells a 5865 turbo rated at 580 hp or so. The size is close to the older GT3255 right? That was a good option in it's day.
Maybe close in compressor size but the 65 ex will flow considerably more air than the turbine in the 3255. The 5865 would require a quality converter to spool it and need at least 500 more stall at zero boost/vacuum to hit as hard as hard as the old 3255 would with its small turbine. The two are really nothing alike. The rating seems a little light on the 5865 also. The 5865 is a much closer match to the 60-1 than the 3255. I'd bet the 5865 would support 550whp without sweating much but no one here has the balls to run 35psi with anything like that so we probably will never see it. I used a 60-1 with a 76 p trim to get it done. The car had at least .15 more et just with suspension work. The alignment is off and the engine was a throw together. Purpose built it could be considerably quicker. You can bring a knife to a gun fight and win if you know where to go next. What good is a gun if it isnt loaded? I see guys wasting thousands on parts that do chit for them.

Maybe close in compressor size but the 65 ex will flow considerably more air than the turbine in the 3255. The 5865 would require a quality converter to spool it and need at least 500 more stall at zero boost/vacuum to hit as hard as hard as the old 3255 would with its small turbine.

Thanks for the fast reply as always.

Bored... I know it's not cost effective but having a Garrett .63 housing may do just that. My friend really liked the gt3255/pte.63. Kick asss turbo with fast spool up for the streets. So far, my favorite is 65 ex with the smaller ex housing for the street... Spools fast down low and pulls hard up top. Of course I have ported heads, roller cam ... and ....lol There are so many options these days plus the older 44/49/51...lol Combination has to be right on.

IMO, my favorite advice for TB/TTA's, which I absolutely live by and was taught to me by Sweet6, is to free up the restrictions and little by little they all add up!

Joe

I didnt even know fast and late model GTO were ever used in a sentence. Every one i ever raced was a total turd. Maybe low 11's at best and they all had a blower or nitrous. You should have told them jack asses it was a twin urbo and the other turbo was mounted in the back of the car. When one or more of the asses went to look for it you could started your car and backed over them

I hear you on that one! I am an old gear head.....old in a sense.... i'm 33 but most of my friends are into tuners. We kid and taunt each other and even know tuner cars are not my thing I never bash someone's car like that. I imagine they were just jealous and try to pressure me into a street race...I had to tell them repeatedly I dont do that anymore...It almost ended very bad for them,I may not street race anymore but I will sure enough break your neck LOL! yeah these guys were dill holes and yes from what I could see on there car it was basically stock and on a bottle but they had street tires on it....it would not have been a problem.

It still really amazes me with the amount of really fast street cars out there people are still really stupid!