You can type here any text you want

Warped header repair?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
Need some advice here on what to do with my warped stock header. I need to have the crack repaired and went to have the flange checked for flatness. It was warped. By about 1/8"... :eek: How the hell does that happen? Well my welder assured me he "clamped it down good". Well apparently not.

We bolted it to the spare head I have here and my buddy used a torch on the #5 tube to straighten it back out. We also heated up the flange itself.

Did I hurt the header itself by doing this? I should be able to use a gasket to get it to seal up now.

Thanks.

Scott

I feel you pain Scott. Had one welded here and he did a great job on the cracks but the flange was nasty. I went to the trouble of porting the header as well.:( I'll be looking at getting new flanges later for it because of how badly they're warped now.:mad:

I feel you pain Scott. Had one welded here and he did a great job on the cracks but the flange was nasty. I went to the trouble of porting the header as well.:( I'll be looking at getting new flanges later for it because of how badly they're warped now.:mad:

Yeah pretty much Charlie. My only two options are to fix this one or buy the TA set. We'll see what happens. I need to get rid of all the welding slag on the inside of the tubes. I do not want any of that getting loose and taking out my 62...

You might try cutting the flanges apart so that each one is seperate Scott. I remember some one saying it worked for some guys.:)

Back