You can type here any text you want

wastegate actuator?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobooster

when is it time to upgrade to a HD wastegate actuator ? and is there one made for hot airs? do i need it if im running a ta33c turbo? would it affect the car whether it has a hd wastegate actuator or stock both being adjustable?

I do not have anything scientific here but only my very recent experience. I have been using an after market single hose adjustable actuator designed for the 86/87 application. The response to boost was fast and responsive. The problem with this actuator setup is that it digs into the hoodliner.

I then installed my stock 2 hose actuator and was testing it. The response to boost was not as quick as my single hose and seemed to not want to go higher than 17 lbs. boost. I took off the two hose actuator and went back to the single hose one. My guess is the single hose is stronger simply because it is newer. My car is now down due to a blown head gasket as a result of MAF failure. Further testing will have to wait for awhile. Brad

that sucks to hear brad ... i did a search on it and read ur experiences as well and i know u have the diagram on how to make the 86/87 style work on a hot air maybe u can email me that info i think i want to try that out with my ta33c i would appreciate that so i have to ask why is there a heavy duty one for the 86/87s ? wen do u need one maybe wen ur making seriou power is my guess thanx

that sucks to hear brad ... i did a search on it and read ur experiences as well and i know u have the diagram on how to make the 86/87 style work on a hot air maybe u can email me that info i think i want to try that out with my ta33c i would appreciate that so i have to ask why is there a heavy duty one for the 86/87s ? wen do u need one maybe wen ur making seriou power is my guess thanx

The diagram simply shows you how the 86/87 actuator bolts on and which vacuum line to cap. I will e-mail it to you. Kirbans and Fullthrottle sell this actuator $84-$89 plus shipping. Both of these can easily handle a TA33C. Brad

Back