You can type here any text you want

Watch out for this one guys! Buyer Beware!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shomethamulah

wannabee
Just had a friend of mine run a Carfax on this car and this seller is claiming clear title and showing this in the ad as far as the miles:

MILEAGE ON THIS CAR READS 59000....THE TITLE READS MILEAGE NON-ACTUAL.

He also states that the car has only had one repaint. Wonder why?

eBay Motors: Buick : Grand National (item 180283230400 end time Sep-05-08 08:51:09 PDT)

My friend emailed him and let him know that according to Carfax, this car hit a parked car in 1995, showed 157k miles in 2000 and had a salvage title issued at some point. :eek:

He is waiting for the sellers response, but I doubt the seller will acknowledge all of this.

Just don't want to see anyone here get burned by buying without at least knowing the history. :frown:

One thing's for sure. That has got to be the most hideous car stereo I have ever seen! :eek:

Attachments

• ugly.jpg
    ugly.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 795
One thing's for sure. That has got to be the most hideous car stereo I have ever seen! :eek:

Hey Greg,You know you had one just like it in your first car and you paid big money for it too!!!!:biggrin: Phillip

That radio is definitely 80's. Needs a Def Leppard Hysteria tape to compliment it.

I really like the fact that it has "antilock brakes". Most likely because the powermaster is in the toilet...

Guys, I hate to sound like I am sticking up for this guy but I feel sure he is just a used car dealer that probably took it on trade. He OBVIOUSLY knows nothing about the car. He does state in the ad miles are not actual.... I would hate to think he was stupid enough to run it for sale and not think a carfax was going to be pulled, I guarantee you he didn't pull one though.... The guy that traded it to him should have a little egg on his face... I have seen this happen to used car dealers before, they think the got a golden egg and they got a egg of s**t!!!!

The dealer did disclose the mileage was non actual. He only says the odometer reads 59,000 miles...So he is not trying to hide anything.

That is true, but I also know car dealers are as crooked as a dog's leg.

Hate to correct you but, NOT ALL!!! I own my dealership and have been in the car business my entire life. Both Grandfathers, and my dad!

Most I will agree, but there are some honest dealers out there. The consumer should easily be able to see the dishonest from the honest if they take the time to actually care. Everybody wants the great deal from a car dealer. You have to realize that it is a business like any other. If every car was sold for wholesale price, there would be no dealers....

Don't forget about the innocent customers that run to trade their cars as soon as their mechanic patches a blowing motor or a slipping trans....

It is a business....

I don't know this dealer personally, but have seen him advertise ALOT of Buicks in the past 10 years or more. It looks like the title he disclosed the miles not actual, but i'm wondering if the title he has now is clear and not salvage. He advertises in the Auto R/V paper that comes to Indiana. He has always had Harleys, Muscle Cars, Buicks, and Mustangs. He has an 87 White T with blue bench interior in it on his site for sale. I just doubt he has very much mechanical knowledge of these cars. The white T just lists it has a hotter turbo and bigger injectors, but no specifics. Here is a link to the site and the white T.

BUICK REGAL T-TYPE LIMITED

Hate to correct you but, NOT ALL!!! I own my dealership and have been in the car business my entire life. Both Grandfathers, and my dad!

Most I will agree, but there are some honest dealers out there. The consumer should easily be able to see the dishonest from the honest if they take the time to actually care. Everybody wants the great deal from a car dealer. You have to realize that it is a business like any other. If every car was sold for wholesale price, there would be no dealers....

Don't forget about the innocent customers that run to trade their cars as soon as their mechanic patches a blowing motor or a slipping trans....

It is a business....

Sorry I just have never heard of an "honest" dealership. Most I have seen/heard of want to low ball you to death on a trade in while trying to persuade you to think they're giving you the deal of a century, then insist you should spend a ton extra for options that sound good, yet aren't really needed/have little significance.

I do agree however it's a big game and one must know his/her cards to score big, so it's up to the buyer, like you said.

And I will also agree I know I have seen people in the past drive in with their junkers that are still running on one cylinder and trade them in, in which they end up getting passed off to another buyer who is left holding the bag. And that's not right. But I've also seen where the dealer knew this too and they just wanted them off the lot so they'd add a few quarts of type F to the tranny just to give it enough grit to drive off before the trans finally burns out. Guess it really goes both ways.

That place ALWAYS has overpriced cars.

I don't think I've ever seen anything there worth buying.

Sorry I just have never heard of an "honest" dealership. Most I have seen/heard of want to low ball you to death on a trade in while trying to persuade you to think they're giving you the deal of a century, then insist you should spend a ton extra for options that sound good, yet aren't really needed/have little significance.

I do agree however it's a big game and one must know his/her cards to score big, so it's up to the buyer, like you said.

And I will also agree I know I have seen people in the past drive in with their junkers that are still running on one cylinder and trade them in, in which they end up getting passed off to another buyer who is left holding the bag. And that's not right. But I've also seen where the dealer knew this too and they just wanted them off the lot so they'd add a few quarts of type F to the tranny just to give it enough grit to drive off before the trans finally burns out. Guess it really goes both ways.

The guy that owns that place offered me $4,500 for my last T as a trade for a bike. This was a clean high 10 second T. I laughed in his face. Not only did he low ball me on the car, he wouldn't cut a deal on the bike. I went elsewhere and bought the bike for like $2k less than what he wanted.

At the same time they had a GN in there with rough paint and wanted something like $17k for it.

Like I said, I know alot of this goes on. It disgusts me. That is one reason I don't make much in the car business, not my main gig btw, but I don't sale anything that I know is not 100% right... I give a warranty on every car I sale over $2000... I even had a girl that went a small tad over her warranty and tore the tranny out of a Denali. I think it was their driving, I drove it for a while and no problems. Well just a couple of weeks later that reverse went out in it. Once apart we could tell it was where people where slamming it from reverse to drive, have to ask my mechanic for details, anyway... I STILL FIXED IT and didn't charge her a dime.....

My goal as a car dealer is to have repeat customers, we are in a small town. If we don't treat people right we will not be in business. Plus I sleep easy at night knowing I do not screw people like that...

Like I said, I know alot of this goes on. It disgusts me. That is one reason I don't make much in the car business, not my main gig btw, but I don't sale anything that I know is not 100% right... I give a warranty on every car I sale over $2000... I even had a girl that went a small tad over her warranty and tore the tranny out of a Denali. I think it was their driving, I drove it for a while and no problems. Well just a couple of weeks later that reverse went out in it. Once apart we could tell it was where people where slamming it from reverse to drive, have to ask my mechanic for details, anyway... I STILL FIXED IT and didn't charge her a dime.....

My goal as a car dealer is to have repeat customers, we are in a small town. If we don't treat people right we will not be in business. Plus I sleep easy at night knowing I do not screw people like that...

Honesty and integrity is a rare virtue in this day and age, especially when it comes to commodity purchases. It's good to see that you don't gauge your customers on decimal points.

I'm also from a very small town in Ma (12,000) and we had 1 car salesman named Tom. A nice and honest guy that never tried to pull a fast one on anyone. I bought every car I ever owned from him until I left for Florida. He might not have been the cheapest, but I always bought with confidence from him.That's the kind of business model that works.

Well Shane I have to give you props for being a stand out from the masses. I wished we had more of them. Same goes for mechanics. And I really give you props for giving the benefit of the doubt to the girl who went thru a tranny when it was evident someone was beating on it.

Thanks guys, it just hurts me when I see "every car dealer is a crook." Like I say both grandfathers and my dad were car dealers. I have been in the Bronx NY all the way to Miami buying cars. It is in my blood and I love it. My name (word) means more than money too.....

It is a business....

:rolleyes:

That's not the problem people have with car dealers... The problem most people have with car dealers is they ask $7995 for a 1999 Buick Regal, that is clearly valued at $4000, that they paid $2500 for, that they should be asking $4995 for, and will tell you it's a $7500 car till they're blue in the face. That is one of many examples. That is the majority. That is my opinion, and I have been in every aspect of the auto business for over 20 years. That is also why I am no longer in the business.

Hmmm, where did you get your financing from... My customers can only get X amount of money loaned on a car.

Also far as that goes, hopefully a consumer has a pretty good idea of what a car is worth before they go shopping for it....

The car does look clean, if it is fixed right probably would make a good driver/weekend car. Just have to make sure you don't over pay for it.

Back