Water in E85 exhaust ?

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Is it normal to get more water out the exhaust on start up with E85 than straight gas ?

I'd say about 11% more water. So yes, quite a bit.

Last edited:
Yes,a lot more.
Well it helped me find an exhaust leak on my turbo to downpipe mating surface . Water comes out of there like crazy until it warms up , I thought I had a water leak. Thanks , Sam

Well it helped me find an exhaust leak on my turbo to downpipe mating surface . Water comes out of there like crazy until it warms up , I thought I had a water leak. Thanks , Sam
It leaked there when you used gasoline,you just never noticed it.

It leaked there when you used gasoline,you just never noticed it.
Your probably right ! What's the best way to seal that flange ? Right now there is only copper spray gasket coating and apparently that isn't working too well .

Your probably right ! What's the best way to seal that flange ? Right now there is only copper spray gasket coating and apparently that isn't working too well .
I've always used silicone,but there's no way to seal the pivot pin of the wastegate puck. There's always a mess that needs to be cleaned up.

I've always used silicone,but there's no way to seal the pivot pin of the wastegate puck. There's always a mess that needs to be cleaned up.
Wow , my memory is shot !! The leak is at the header to turbo flange , not the down pipe . The header flange DOES have a gasket and still leaks . I used a Vibrant aluminum covered gasket , any suggestions ?

Wow , my memory is shot !! The leak is at the header to turbo flange , not the down pipe . The header flange DOES have a gasket and still leaks . I used a Vibrant aluminum covered gasket , any suggestions ?
I use silicone there as well. One possible reason for that leak could be that the fasteners are loose.

Wow, I repeat " it smells so good" and it is so less ...... kinda like "johnny Bench's commercial" IM"UE it works and you won't stink!!!

Yes, every pipe in my car has surface rust inside from all the water e85 sucks outta this humid wisco weather.