You can type here any text you want

Water Injection... Good deal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
look what I found on Jegs. Does the 83 t-type have a special water injection/methanol injection kit, or should I get a rebuild before I do this?

Please go to Rich's site kid. WWW.beforeblack.com. He's got all the info posted there if you want to look. It will save you more time and money if you just spend some time over there and read the info.

Make that BEFORE BLACK Website
And the article is here:
BEFORE BLACK - Alcohol Injection

I used water injection on my 79 and it worked well. Allowed me to increase boost from 10 to 15 psi on the street. I used windshield washer fluid which is a water/alcohol mix.

I did read a post somewhere that said water injection could lead to turbo impeller wear. I did see wear on mine, but didn't make the connection to using water injection at the time.

No problem Charlie! I forget things every day. :confused:
From what I've seen on this board, an alcohol injection system is the modern (and more expensive!) technique to do what the old water injections were used for....

I saw a kit on jegs and I could do the setup on the B4 black website. kit was only 100 bucks.

You can do it real cheap if you use a windshield washer tank and pump. Connect it to the boost light gauge sender to turn it on. You do need to adjust how much water goes in tho.

Back