You can type here any text you want

water temp sending unit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84regal17

hey guys i got an 84 regal with a 4.1 jus wanna knoe wheres it located . the haynes manual says is on the left head but i cant find it if sombody can help me out with a picture or jus a pic of the unit itself

Sorry, don't have a picture, but it should be in the front half of the intake manifold. There are two, one for the dash and one for the computer.

Sorry, don't have a picture, but it should be in the front half of the intake manifold. There are two, one for the dash and one for the computer.

X2
It's on the front of intake manifold, There is no temp sending unit on the cylinder heads, actually there are no sensors the cylinder heads.

X3 The sensor is located on the intake. The haynes manual is crap unfortunately. See if you can find a Chiltons. A little better but not much. If you're willing to spend the money go to mitchelondemand.com and see if you can find the link for the disc for everything before 82. 83 and up will require you to subscribe and it aint cheap.

yo

hey guys i found two sensors one on the left and one on the right they are both plugged in my my water temp light comes on still . it dosent come on right away it comes on when the engine is warm but i know is not over heating its running at 170 degreess or so what could b the problem im tired of the light and i dnt want to pull out the bulb i want it to work correctly

One is going to be a sensor that reads temperatures over a range (for the computer). The other will be a switch that is either off or on (for the light). Try unhooking one to see if it helps you figure out which is which.

so where would the tach, volt, oil pressure, and air/fuel mixture guage sending units be? just wanna know thinking about picking up a few guages from the AZ

Tach signal connector is a spade terminal on the distributor next to the BAT terminal.
Voltage is either the battery, a power lead from the fuze block, or alternator BAT terminal
Oil pressure is on the passenger side of block right above and back a little from the oil pump.
A/F is the oxygen sensor

Tach signal connector is a spade terminal on the distributor next to the BAT terminal.
Voltage is either the battery, a power lead from the fuze block, or alternator BAT terminal
Oil pressure is on the passenger side of block right above and back a little from the oil pump.
A/F is the oxygen sensor

damn ur smooth! lol...

LoL it's my nature I'm a gemini rapidfire response.

Your damn lucky with that '87 nice.

LoL it's my nature I'm a gemini rapidfire response.

Your damn lucky with that '87 nice.

eh...right about now it sure doesnt feel like it.. i have an unlimited list of things i need as well as things i want! LOL i have more ideas than money as i read somewhere on this site!
now this damn check engine light is coming on! LOL oh boy! only on the highway tho, or when driving above 35/40 mph for a bit of time... i turn off and on and light goes out!? cmon rapidfire-response! LOL

Short out the ALDL so you can get a code out of it. This should give you a better idea of what's going on with it. Fast enough? LOL

did wanna start a new thread to ask?
but where is OBD sending unit? lol... connector? plug? thingy?
i grabbed the reader for good measures...but cant find where to plug...its not like the OBD2 locations i know of

Back