You can type here any text you want

weber iron heads with lockwires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOTIMMER

I've been running this setup with stock GM headgaskets. I'm switching to steel shim or cometic headgaskets this time. I'm pretty sure I can't run either of these gaskets with the lockwires. What are my options, other than getting new heads? FWIW, I think there's still alot left in these heads with a bigger cam, so I'm switching to a 218 roller. My current combo is in my sig.

I believe the heads could be milled to get rid of the locwire groove, and then just use a thicker head gasket.

Why felpro doesnt make the locwires any more (#1007)? I've had them on for over ten years with no problems on my champion iron heads. I think this set up was one of the best head poping preventions. Overboosted several times and like I said, never had a problem.....

dont mean to hijack your thread but who sells the wire lock head gaskets.
i need a set to put my engine back togeather.

Do you mean o-ring? O-rings and stock GM gaskets is a proven mod.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Yeah. once the heads start lifting, the graphite gasket starts coming out. The last time into the water jackets. I know most guys by now have switched over to cometics or steel shims. From what I've read, seems like they're a little more forgiving and reseal if the heads start to lift. Either way, the current setup isn't working.
The other problem is I still drive the car on the street alot, and I don't change the tune when I'm running pump gas:eek: I never run it at wot this way, but its easy to half throttle it right up to 20lbs of boost while merging on the highway.

Tim

Back