Weber racing shortblocks

I was thinking about purchasing a weber racing short block. Any reviews with them? I was also tossing arpund the idea of sending them.rest of.my motors.parts and let them build.it. just curoius whats the consensus is.on.them...

I'd rather build with a local known builder that has a good track record with TB's... But if your in a rush then buy one of Weber's because I know first hand that it takes time, took around 10 months to get my motor together but at least I got to watch it come together. I guess thats the next best thing to actually wrenching yourself.

Last edited:
The oil pan gasket leaked so bad the speed shop would not dyno the engine until the leak was fixed.
Weber response is that the oil pan was bad.

Not exactly. Our response was to send you out multiple pan gaskets, discuss this issue with your tuner and of course respond to your numerous complaints in this forum. The issue is discussed in depth at: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/new-weber-built-long-block-leaks-oil.386197/ for those that want to read it for themselves.

I wouldn't use them again.
The feelings are mutual. I get the feeling that we are not the only ones that have blacklisted your account.

We build many Buick V6 engines including 3.8L, 4.1L, Stage I &II and those using a TA aluminum block as the foundation for their powerplant. Two builds will be shipping next week and many others are in line to follow in the weeks ahead. Out of all the engines we build, we've received very few complaints and have addressed the rare issues that have arisen in both a professional and responsive manner - including yours. The only difference between your situation and the rare others is that you sought to publicly damage our reputation and continue to do so when an opportunity arises.

On a personal note, I am offended that you still continue to lie and distort the truth. Any vendor would be wise to think twice before working with you in the future.

Not exactly. Our response was to send you out multiple pan gaskets, discuss this issue with your tuner and of course respond to your numerous complaints in this forum. The issue is discussed in depth at: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/new-weber-built-long-block-leaks-oil.386197/ for those that want to read it for themselves.

The feelings are mutual. I get the feeling that we are not the only ones that have blacklisted your account.

We build many Buick V6 engines including 3.8L, 4.1L, Stage I &II and those using a TA aluminum block as the foundation for their powerplant. Two builds will be shipping next week and many others are in line to follow in the weeks ahead. Out of all the engines we build, we've received very few complaints and have addressed the rare issues that have arisen in both a professional and responsive manner - including yours. The only difference between your situation and the rare others is that you sought to publicly damage our reputation and continue to do so when an opportunity arises.

On a personal note, I am offended that you still continue to lie and distort the truth. Any vendor would be wise to think twice before working with you in the future.

No lies on my part.
Bought an engine.
Took it to a tuner. H
e complained about the oil leak. Not me.
The head gasket blew while he was tuning it.
Same line from you and your company.
It is my fault.
Not Weber.
Not the tuner..

Hi Bill,
I used your services recently and couldn't have had a more pleasant experience. Your professionalism,advise,quick turnover, and maximum effort to stay in contact with me during the process was very gratifying. Since I've decided to go back to my 4.1 project,I'll be using your services soon to re-balance for the heavier pistons. Your work speaks for itself. You can't reason with an unreasonable person. It's not a bad product or service that bothers me so much as an unwillingness of the provider to rectify the situation. I'm sure you went above and beyond to satisfy this customer. I'm always grateful to have the opportunity to do business with people like you. I'll be talking to you soon. Thanks again.

Last edited: