You can type here any text you want

Weight of fiberglass parts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

I searched and couldnt really find anything. I was thinking of putting fiberglass bumpers on my WE4 and was wondering how much weight it would remove both front and rear. I would be re-installing the rubber strips on both.

Next is, how much does the glass hood and trunk remove? Thanks alot.

Personally, I would keep the stock steel bumpers and ditch all the weight behind it. It will at least do something on impact where the fiberglass will be useless.

I have cut the rear bracing to the point where I used it as a way to hold the bumper to the support brackets. I also went aluminum brackets to ditch even more weight.

The front bumper has a Canadian brace mod that will shave off a bunch of weight and keep the stock steel shell.

Here is some of my info on body parts

Additional Body Parts
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stock Front Supports = 4 1/2 lbs each = 9lbs total
Aluminum Front Supports = 1/2 lb each = 1lb total
Canada Mounting Braces = 3lbs each = 6lbs total
Stock Front Bumper = 27lbs
Stock Front Brace = 27lbs
Aluminum Shims = 1/2lb each = 1lb total
Stock Rear Bumper Supports = 4lbs each = 8lbs total
Aluminum Rear Bumper Supports = 1lb each = 2lbs total
Stock Rear Bumper = 24 1/2 lbs
Chopped up rear Bracing 4 holes away = 23 1/4 lbs
Left over Steel Mounting Braces = 5 1/4lbs each = 10 1/2 total
Left over rear bolts = 1/2 lbs
Hollow FBody swaybar: = 14 1/2 lbs

Im probably going to go with the entire glass bumper and ditch everything metal behind it. The car is rarely street driven and even more rarely track driven. After i run it i may take them back off and re-sell em and install the stockers. I was looking to get 200 lbs from the bumpers, hood, and trunk. I want to get down to 3100 or less lbs. Im at 3460 now.

Back