You can type here any text you want

Weird problems with Speedpro fuel ...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vtec4gs

I'm so lost ...

lil 4 banger, I used a GM map sensor from 90 Pontiac Grand Prix, have a feeling this map is not working, should I just go get the one ont he FelPro manual for 1 BAR ?

Here are the problems, I start up the car, BP is around 12% and she likes that, it then comes down to 2-3% and she doesnt want to stay on. Now, I don;t have an intake manifold I have this thing called individual throttle bodies where each cylinder port has its onwe butterfly, kind of like Weber carbs but fuel injected instead. Anyway, I didn;t hook up vaccum box, my VE table is always at 100kpa even when the car is idling at 1500rpm on speed-density. I had to use values from 95 to 120 to ge tit to even rev to 2500-3000, so I'm figuring the injector calcs are wrong, I put my displacement in for 124cid (Honda motor), 4 cyl, 1bar map, 44# injectors (I have the balancing charts which show they are 450cc) ... now I can't put my O2 sensor in because I hav eot make a custom downpipe, is that my problem ?

I need the car just idling and driving to move on/off trailer when at the body shop, should I just convert to a Alpha N for the time being ? and create a table of the PW that I need to get it to drive ?

what do you guys think ?

Am I just making it complicated becasue I dont have my O2 hooked up so I cant tell what a/f I have and how much fuel she likes ?

thanks,
Greg

Yeah it's probably just a/f related. But your situation is complicated with no intake manifold. I think alpha n might be the way to go here :-) Depends on how ugly the MAP signal would be hooked up to an individual runner I guess.

TurboTR

You CANNOT run a speed/density setup on an individual runner manifold unless you create some sort of plenum with a vacuum signal from all the runners. If this is a race car, you should just switch to alpha-N.

If you switch to alpha-N, just make sure that the MAP sensor is set up for 1 bar in the software. Don't connect any hoses to the MAP sensor, just let it read ambient air pressure. In Alpha-N mode, the MAP sensor could even be disconnected completely if you want.

craig,

I connected vaccum hoses across all runners and even connected the brake booster to the #1 port. I did not, however, use a canister to connect all of them to "collect" vaccuum. Perhaps that is my problem. Couple guys out in Cali are running in Speed-Density with their TWM ITBs ... I'm using their program too, i personally think its my GM Pontiac map sensor.

Also, if I bite the bullet and convert to Alpha N tables, hwo do I account for a/f ratios at various gears, i.e. more load ?

thanks,
Greg

Without a plenum, the signal to the map sensor will be pitiful at best. Alpha-N really is the way for you to go here, I think. If you see enough of a change in load from one gear to the next, you can run in closed loop and the ECU should add fuel as needed. I can't say that you DON'T have a bad map sensor, but from the description of your setup, I would say that even a known good map sensor would yield marginal results at best.

Food for thought... hope to hear that this works out for the best for you.

thanks craig, much appreciated. I'll try it on the car, for giggles I just converted to AlphaN on my laptop but didnt try on the car yet, I do like the layout with simply typing in PW at %/rpm. That will have to suffice for now, too bad I'm using a Toyota TPS and only get 24% closed, 75% WOT.

thanks again,
Greg

Back