You can type here any text you want

Weld Draglite questions.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buick Beginner

Where is my $$$ going?
Gentlemen,
I've always liked the look of the Draglites and I'm thinking of taking the plunge. I've got 2 questions;

1. Is there anyone who can offer any negatives about the Draglites? For example, "Mine came apart in 4 chunks and almost killed me, lawsuit pending".

2. Can anyone offer the correct backspacing for running the following tire combo. Front: 215-65-15 Rear: 275-60-15 Nittos.

Thanks, as always, for the help. - BB

Man I've got a set of Rodlites on my car and already split one in half and I wouldn't bet my life on the rest of them...I know that there are problems with street driving these lightweight race wheels.....I'm going to 17's shortly..

There have been problems with the Prostars cracking. I haven't heard of anyone with trouble with Draglites. I have a pair that I keep slicks on with 1992 manufacture dates - they are fine.

I have 15x8 in the back and 15x7 in the front with 3.5" BS. 215-65 tires in the front. I had 275-60 BFG DRs on the back and they'd rub the outer wheel well unless I kept the airbags pumped up. A 26" tire would be fine (like a 275-50). I have 27" Hoosier Quicktime Pros on the back now and they're good too.

Jim

Originally posted by turbojimmy

I have 15x8 in the back and 15x7 in the front with 3.5" BS. 215-65 tires in the front. I had 275-60 BFG DRs on the back and they'd rub the outer wheel well unless I kept the airbags pumped up. A 26" tire would be fine (like a 275-50). I have 27" Hoosier Quicktime Pros on the back now and they're good too.

Jim

In regard to the rears, if you had it to do again, would you change the back spacing to try and eliminate the rub?
Just a thought, mine are the same as your's, but I don't remeber what other B.S. was available.....

:cool:

Originally posted by Phatman
In regard to the rears, if you had it to do again, would you change the back spacing to try and eliminate the rub?
Just a thought, mine are the same as your's, but I don't remeber what other B.S. was available.....

:cool:

The options were pretty limited as I recall. I think the 3.5" allows the most options with regard to tire size.

Jim

Back