You can type here any text you want

weld-in bung/fitting?????location on downpipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

agteacher

Life is GREAT!!
Quick Question???
We have the downpipe (internal wastegate) off the car AND would like to install a "weld-in-bung/fitting" for later use--not sure what it will be use for at this time.
Where should the "bung" be position on the downpipe ( how many inches from the turbo and should the "bung" be located on the top or side OR does it MATTER??).
Thanks for the help!!!

try a search.. subject is discussed in many posts, and is a topic that has little agreement as to where is optimum.

Mine is about 1 foot - 18 in... from the downpipe to turbo flange.... sticking straight up... near the AC Accumulator...I seems to work fine with a Innovate LC1 W/XD16.

HTH

Mine is down at the end of my DP where the cat. converter used to be. It is mounted at the 3 or 9 oclock position(depends how you look at it). I like it mounted down at the end of the pipe away from the turbo heat. I would not mount it on the bottom(6 oclock position) because moisture could accumulate on it.

Chuck L is right...there are tons of threads on this..its where YOU want to put it based on the information you read.:)

like posted above. i just asked this same question like 2 days ago. anyways the best spot is down near the bottom of the dp right before the test pipe. there is no need to have it close to the turbo. the reading will be the same from the top of the dp to the test pipe.

like posted above. i just asked this same question like 2 days ago. anyways the best spot is down near the bottom of the dp right before the test pipe. there is no need to have it close to the turbo. the reading will be the same from the top of the dp to the test pipe.

I'll agree. Mine is where it is... because that is where the bung was when I bought my used downpipe..... if I were to install one... I'd have installed it a little further down as well. Mine reads fine where it is however....

Thanks for all the replys.
I think....we will weld--1 about 10 to 16 inches from the turbo and the Other one at the bottom of the dp--close to where the dump pipe connects to the dp. We will check for a "none-leak" connection on the dp to the dump pipe for proper seal. This way WE can test/research("learning activities" for my students) if there is any difference in the reading(s) verses the life of the sensor(s).
AGAIN, THANKS for the info.

Back