You can type here any text you want

Weld's most popular BS?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

I'm tossing the idea of a set of the Welds for the GN. Weld Racing Draglite 90-Series Wheel - JEGS
Problem is, for daily street driving, whats the most common size/backspacing? Fronts= 15x7/15x8? Rears=15x8/15x9? I don't plan on tracking the car but don't want rubbing issues either. Thanks.

I have a 15x8 with 3.5'' back space on the rear with a 255/60 and have no issues with rub at all

Yea a 5 inch backspace is what looks best on my cars and they don't offer it.:mad: I want to run a set of their new rims. Dont want to run a spacer. Might look elsewhere but for the look, performance and price they are hard to beat.

Yea a 5 inch backspace is what looks best on my cars and they don't offer it.:mad:

5" ?? :eek:...You're sure?...I don't see how they can fit without some tire/frame rubbing issues (unless you have a notched frame...:rolleyes:)!...I have some 10" wide rims with a rear spacing of 4.5" and there's something like 5/8" left between the tire and frame...:confused: Also don't they give the car a too much "tucked-in" look?

Claude. :redface:

minitub and fit perfect.

Attachments

• FINAL TUB 012.jpg
    FINAL TUB 012.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 383
I went with Weld Magnum RTIII's with black annodized centers:

Rears 15x10 w/4.5 BS on a 275/60 MT.

Fronts 15x5 w/ 2.5 BS

No mini tubs and aluminum drums.

Bill

Pics...

Attachments

• IMG00011-20090828-1849.jpg
    IMG00011-20090828-1849.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG00075-20100126-1948.jpg
    IMG00075-20100126-1948.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 349
I have 15 X 7 in the front and 15 X 8 in the back- both 4 1/2" backspacing- I ended up adding a 1/4" spacer to front... My original GN had same wheels and never rubbed-- this one does when turned sharp :confused:

I'm tossing the idea of a set of the Welds for the GN. Weld Racing Draglite 90-Series Wheel - JEGS
Problem is, for daily street driving, whats the most common size/backspacing? Fronts= 15x7/15x8? Rears=15x8/15x9? I don't plan on tracking the car but don't want rubbing issues either. Thanks.

ill sell you mine with faily new tires if you want.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/texas-area/309148-wtt-weld-wheels-houston.html

by the way, i think you might know my brother in the nsx forums (omar- adrenaline nsx ).
let me know thanks.

gnbrett,

does your shock bolt rub on the rims? i had this problem with telestars and streetlites.
Dont know. Car is still under construction. Have not driven it with the current rims mounted.

Going with a set of custom made wheels so I can get the proper BS. The Welds are nice but kinda grew off me and don't offer the proper BS that I need in a 5 inch. Plus everyone and their brother will have them by summer. I'm looken for something a little more hardcore.

Wheel widths and back spacing info?

not sure on the dimensions. wheels came with the car when i bought it. i pulled the wheels off last week but didnt see any sizes on the back of the wheel. maybe i just didnt look hard enough.

my guess would be 15 x 5's in the front and 15 x 8's in the rear. wheels fit without any rubbing. i'll see if i can pull wheel off tomoro and give you correct sizes, if in fact its printed on the back of the rim.

Back