well problems escalated lately since I overboosted 8 months ago, need some ideas.

soundguy

I'll start with a little history. Some may remember some of my old posts over the last like 8 months. I overboosted it trying to get accustomed to the control and went further than I thought. Hit 24 psi on straight 93 octane for few seconds till I heard the preverbial ding ding. Thought I blew a HG, but turned out they were fine when I pulled heads off. Engine ran kinda ok, but knew something wasnt quite right if ya know what I mean. The problem just wouldnt come out and show itself. Only side effect I could identify is if you power braked it, you couldnt break the tires anymore and it would get up to about 1500-1800 rpm (by stock guage, i know, innacurate as an Iraqi scud) and feel like all power was gone. But it would spool up ok if you were already going down road, just not from a stop. Checked the obvious like exhaust leaks and vacuum leaks, everything seems fine there. I also removed the oil pan and checked for obvious problems like shavings or brass particles in the oil. None found. Looking up inside all looked good (as I can tell, first experience tearing down an engine myself) , no obvious signs of gouging or any kind of damage to any parts.
Now for the new issues. Its gotten worse. Take off from first gear is almost non existant unless ya floor it, but then it boosts from 0 to 24+ almost instantly with very minimal acceleration and wont shift to 2nd unless ya take foot off accelerator for few seconds to let it spin back down to force a shift. After the 1-2 shift it shifts good. At this point I'm ruling out the transmission being bad as all problems link back to the overboost, and dont see how the tranny can be linked to that at this time.
What possible problems am I looking at and solutions. I'm already assuming I"m looking at a total engine rebuild which in some ways is ok as I can take advantage of it as I wanna upgrade the cam and switch to roller rockers. Sorry this is so long, but the car's driving me nuts and I reeeeeaaaaalllllyy miss driving it.

Check and/or replace wastegate wye hoses with correct lenght units.Check all tubing rubber couplers for softness,leaks.may even be tranny related but check elsewhere first.Bad wastegate,dump pipe wastegate puck,wastegate solenoid.

I would guess it's more tranny/convertor related than engine related. When you overboosted it, I bet it was spinning like hell.....wonder if the governor spring flew off? I did that one time to my 86 GN and it acted up in a similar fashion.....wouldn't shift worth a crap, stall speed was all goofy, basically acting like a POS. Talked to the local Buick trans guru and found out about the gov spring. Pulled the pan and gov assy...had decided to do a shift kit while I was poking around with the tranny....found/reinstalled the spring, did the shift kit....adjusted the TV cable....perfect shifts. Otherwise, sounds like you may have hurt something in the convertor. If the engine checked out fine when you had the heads off, I would rule it out as being the source of the problem for now.