You can type here any text you want

well the crank is shot too

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
Building a nice hot air engine. Putting the resources in the engine with diamond pistons, TD rockers, roller cam, etc. Found out today the crank I have has a crack. Now I have a couple standard cranks that could be turned -10 and installed, but pondering the question of putting a steel crank in place and calling it a day, opinions??

Stroker crank.The parts will cost the same.You've already broken one stock crank, why replace with another used part?Do it once,do it right,don't worry about it..

ok, stroker, then new rods, balancer and harmonic balancer needed (because internal balance) as well as sending back the pistons that I just purchased correct?

Last edited:
ok, so ordered from Huseck a stroker kit with .20 wiseco/molnar rods and his 4340 crank. Couple that with 212/212 roller cam/ roller rockers/ 3000 stall/ 61mm turbo/ alky/ ported heads/ ported intake/ 3" DP/3" exhaust/ Billet main caps/ 60lb inj/ 4" of CAI into a 3.5" elbow to a ported throttle body will get me to what type performance? Yes, it is still hot air. Like to be different.

do you already have rods and pistons? If so a stock stroke crank will run very well. If you need pistons get the stroker
Mike

With that alcohol you can run it hard. It won't even know it isn't intercooled.
Looking forward to some updates.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Got a TR6 today and am expecting to see the engine finishing up some time soon, last time I was there he was decking the block.

Back