What about F-body rear discs?

Jon01

Just curious, has anyone tried to use the rear disc setup off of an f-body on a G-bod?
Just curious
Jon

I just converted 3rd gen F-body rear discs to work with a Ford 9" that's going in my T-type. It would be easier to make it work on the stock 10 bolt rear, actually. The bolt pattern is a small 4 bolt pattern; you'd have to cut off the upper "ear" of the housing flange where the wheel cylinder goes in, and then redrill for the 4 bolt pattern.

On the Ford with the big bearing axle housings, I had to machine the center of the caliper bracket out to a bigger diameter, weld the old holes shut, mark and re-drill it for the Ford pattern, and make small shims to retain the bearings in the housing.

There are pictures of mine with the caliper brackets and rotors on at the link in my signature.

Kendall,,Very nice work on the front cover ,,but what is the purpose of doing that??
Also that header setup for twins looks so simple,,why is Project X so difficult,I mean after seeing your setup it looks easy to do twins:D
Nice pics

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
Kendall,,Very nice work on the front cover ,,but what is the purpose of doing that??
Also that header setup for twins looks so simple,,why is Project X so difficult,I mean after seeing your setup it looks easy to do twins:D
Nice pics

Dennis, the purpose of the front cover is to use the (much better) crank driven gerotor oil pump from the 3800. Here's a thread from earlier this month about it:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32105

The header setup for twins is simple if you throw away the stock accessory brackets and run the collectors straight out the front. :) I am probably going to lose my power steering and if I retain A/C, it will be using a small aftermarket compressor. The A/C evaporator box on the firewall has to go as well..all in all, S2 twins do not rate too highly as a bolt-on. The cool thing about Tony's setup is that you retain all of the stock accessories.