What about NW FL?

87gnguy

I see there's alot of GNs in Central and South FL. Are there any guys (like me) in NW FL or am I the only one? :confused:

I'm here in Pensacola, not to far from ya. I think your the one that bought my friends GN recently? If so, I heard it was really coming around:cool: We all need to get together and do a cruise or something.

Brian - I've meet you at Holt a few times, I have the Black 87 T. On a side note, I'll be racing in Arm Drop Live in Mobile, AL March 13-14. There are still quite a few of spots open.....wanna get in on the fun? More Buicks the better:wink:

Here a link: MOBILE DRAGWAY

Ray

I'm here in Pensacola, not to far from ya. I think your the one that bought my friends GN recently? If so, I heard it was really coming around:cool: We all need to get together and do a cruise or something.

Brian - I've meet you at Holt a few times, I have the Black 87 T. On a side note, I'll be racing in Arm Drop Live in Mobile, AL March 13-14. There are still quite a few of spots open.....wanna get in on the fun? More Buicks the better:wink:

Here a link: MOBILE DRAGWAY

Ray

Yes, that would be me. It's coming along nicely. I was supposed to get it out of the paint shop today but the guy's running a few days behind. He's got it all stripped down to the metal he just has to put in the new bumper fillers tape it and paint it. Looks like it'll be Tuesday or Wed. I've got new seats and shifter handle and DR timing chain, scanmaster, RJC power plate to install next. I also got some stock GN wheels and lowered the rear back to stock. So yeah, it's coming along nicely. We definately need to get together and go cruising. Shaun's motor should be back from the machine shop and ready to reassemble in April.

That's awesome and I can't wait to see some pictures of it! There is nothing like getting you hands on a new toy then going all out on it:smile: Are paint jobs around you at a decent price with the economy and all? I would like to get mine done in time, not any time soon though. When you guys are ready to roll, let me know and I'll cruise up to PC.

That's awesome and I can't wait to see some pictures of it! There is nothing like getting you hands on a new toy then going all out on it:smile: Are paint jobs around you at a decent price with the economy and all? I would like to get mine done in time, not any time soon though. When you guys are ready to roll, let me know and I'll cruise up to PC.

I think the paint job was a fair price. I got a couple of quotes from people I know (I'm in the insurance business so I know alot of body shops). They all said about $2000 for what I want done. The shop I picked is a hole-in-the-wall place but they did a really good job on a 1993 Mustang GT I had. It's taken them longer than I've liked but jobs like mine get pushed back when insurance jobs come in because insurance companies only give them a certain number of days to get it done. I have an AR-15 for sale so when someone buys it, I'm getting new exhaust and maybe a chip. Shaun has a friend that owns a shop and he ordered us a couple of turbos. I'm not sure what kind though. They are supposed to be pretty nasty ones from what I understand. Well, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

I can't wait to go for a cruise, we can go down Hwy 98 to Apalachacola and back or something. It's a nice drive down that way.

That not a bad price at all man taking it down to the metal. I would like to get mine done before going back to CA towards the end of the year/beginning of next year. With all the tree huggers out that way make it pretty expensive. A decent paint job will usually run $3500-4500 so I rather get it done here towards the end of the year.

What are you asking for the AR-15? I'll pass the word around for you. My Marines love'em:wink:

For the AR, I'm asking 1500. I actually bought it from Shaun. It is an Armalite with scope, ceramic barrel, and hard case with about 5 extra clips. Its dead on accurate at about 300 yards. First time my wife shot it, she hit the lid of a 20 oz bottle at 300 yards with it. Shaun knows more about the gun than I do. He was the original owner. I just bought it cause I liked it and it was very accurate. I usually don't bu used guns like that but I knew where it came from and its been well taken care of.

I think the paint job was a fair price. I got a couple of quotes from people I know (I'm in the insurance business so I know alot of body shops). They all said about $2000 for what I want done.

What quotes from what shops? macco? earl shieb? paint and go?

Are you getting a complete paint job?

removing all the trim etc required for taking it down to bare metal, masking off, primer, sealer all the sanding involved...even single stage for good materials your looking at $1100 in materials which leaves $900 for labor?:confused:

Unless your just getting front clip shot or a door here and there?

Please enlighten me

hey whats up guys. i live south of freeport. i bought my T in january. my buddy has a TTA. let me know when you are gonna get together. i would like to join you and im sure he would too. and are the turbos that are being ordered, are they from Stump?? my buddy is getting one too i think and i was considering it. post some pics of your rides or email them to me .. eischdawg@hotmail.com
i will post mine when i get my bumper fillers in that i ordered over the weekend.

What quotes from what shops? macco? earl shieb? paint and go?

Are you getting a complete paint job?

removing all the trim etc required for taking it down to bare metal, masking off, primer, sealer all the sanding involved...even single stage for good materials your looking at $1100 in materials which leaves $900 for labor?:confused:

Unless your just getting front clip shot or a door here and there?

Please enlighten me

Well, here's what all that is involved in this paintjob... He's not stripping all the paint. He's stripping the entire hood, roof, and trunk and down the sides of the car about 8 inches or so because the paint was checked really bad. I had to buy new bumper fillers and emblems (about $500 in that). For the two thousand, he is doing the stripping I mentioned, installing the bumper fillers masking, as well as fixing a few door dings and a couple of small dents. This also includes all the sanding, removing the rear spoiler painting it separately then reinstalling it. He's painting all the parts separately (spoiler, bumper fillers, front and rear bumpers) then reinstalling them on the car. Then doing basecoat and clearcoat and installing my new emblems. He's done work for me before on a Mustang so I know he does good work. I'm in the insurance business so I know who does the best jobs in this area. There's a couple more guys over here that do real good work too.

hey whats up guys. i live south of freeport. i bought my T in january. my buddy has a TTA. let me know when you are gonna get together. i would like to join you and im sure he would too. and are the turbos that are being ordered, are they from Stump?? my buddy is getting one too i think and i was considering it. post some pics of your rides or email them to me .. eischdawg@hotmail.com
i will post mine when i get my bumper fillers in that i ordered over the weekend.

Hey Man... Glad to hear from some other guys up this way. I love the TTAs. There was one here in town about 10 years ago and I almost bought it. It had 13000 miles on it with all the Indy stickers on it too. They were asking $13000. I thought they were idiots for selling that cheap. I just didn't have the money back then. Also, we'd love to have you guys join us. My buddy that also has an 87 GN is waiting to get his motor back from the machine shop then we have to put it together and we'll be ready to go. That should be sometime in April. Yes, we are getting both of ours from Stump. His shop is down the street from my insurance office.

Here's a pic of what mine looks like BEFORE the paint job and the rest of my restoration. I have went back with the stock GN wheels and lowered the rearend back down. I'll post some more after it gets out of the paint shop hopefully later in the week. Again, nice to hear from some locals... I can't wait for all of us to get together.

1987GN2.jpg

1987GN3.jpg

Well, here's what all that is involved in this paintjob... He's not stripping all the paint. He's stripping the entire hood, roof, and trunk and down the sides of the car about 8 inches or so because the paint was checked really bad. I had to buy new bumper fillers and emblems (about $500 in that). For the two thousand, he is doing the stripping I mentioned, installing the bumper fillers masking, as well as fixing a few door dings and a couple of small dents. This also includes all the sanding, removing the rear spoiler painting it separately then reinstalling it. He's painting all the parts separately (spoiler, bumper fillers, front and rear bumpers) then reinstalling them on the car. Then doing basecoat and clearcoat and installing my new emblems. He's done work for me before on a Mustang so I know he does good work. I'm in the insurance business so I know who does the best jobs in this area. There's a couple more guys over here that do real good work too.

Ok, thats a good deal.. good to have friends in low places:biggrin:

Yeah it is, and I guess with the economy in the toilet people are doing work cheaper to make at least some money.

hey man.. were you able to find the body molding that runs your fenders and doors? i have heard its no where to be found.

hey man.. were you able to find the body molding that runs your fenders and doors? i have heard its no where to be found.

Actually, I'm going to leave off the molding. I got a quote on new wheel well molding but GBody parts wanted $250 for EACH piece. So, I decided to leave it off. My buddy that lives around the corner from me and also has a GN without the door and fender molding an we removed the wheel well molding on his car and we think it looks pretty damn good that way. So, I guess you can say my car won't have any molding. I also went to the paint shop to check in it today and the Ricky (the guy painting it) hurt his back and will be down for a couple of days. DAMNIT!!!! So now we are going for Friday to get my car back :mad:

I would like to just get it out of the paint shop...:mad: I can't believe how long he's taking. But I know my patience will be rewarded with a good paint job.:rolleyes: