You can type here any text you want

What are the correct screws to replace the ones in the Accufab tb?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whitehot1

I did a search but none of the search names, words or terms that i used came up with any information on what to use to replace the throttle body butterfly plate screws with.

Anyone know what the correct screws are to use and where to get them?

I have a Kenne Bell 70mm tb that is 12 years old and has always worked great all that time but would like to replace them for peace of mind,since i think it may have been made for them by Accufab.

TIA, John

I have the correct size listed at home. If no one else posts I will look when I get home. When I replaced mine, I took the TB to ACE and started trying screws until I found the correct one. Then I went to a specialty bolt store and got that size in the highest strength they had.

These broke off? Or did they just get loose and get sucked in?I thought they had problems with them coming loose.

I think I'm gonna do the same thing. I checked the tightness but then saw that the majority have had them break off. Stainless is a bad choice. It's too hard and breaks. Like DP bolts. How many times have you had one bind up coming out? For me, it wasn't because they were stripped. It's because the thread break off and get jammed in there.

the heads snap right off the factory ones. they dont back out

So it's not a simple swap? Do the originals generally snap when trying to remove?

Guys, I just swapped my screws out today, just in case. My Accufab screws came out with no problem, and showed no visible distress. Nevertheless, I went down to Lowe's and bought part #880288. It is a 4 pack of allen headed screws. They are grade 8. Specs out as 8-32x.5 inch. I installed them with no problem. They are longer than you need, and I used a hacksaw blade to trim them to length once they were installed in place. Took five minutes, and I Locktited them, too. The allen heads are somewhat larger than the originals, but I used them anyway. My engine is not straining the capacity of the tb, regardless of the size of the screw heads. I noticed that, on my Accufab, that only the back throttle shaft half is threaded. The front on is not, and is just an open hole. That would explain how the heads and first few threads of the screw are just falling out once the screw fractures. There is no threaded connection with the front throttle shaft or butterfly, only the rear portion of the shaft. Perhaps tapping the whole deal slightly larger and using a matching fasterner would help to support the screw. Hope that helps. Rudy.

Guys, I just swapped my screws out today, just in case. My Accufab screws came out with no problem, and showed no visible distress. Nevertheless, I went down to Lowe's and bought part #880288. It is a 4 pack of allen headed screws. They are grade 8. Specs out as 8-32x.5 inch. I installed them with no problem. They are longer than you need, and I used a hacksaw blade to trim them to length once they were installed in place. Took five minutes, and I Locktited them, too. The allen heads are somewhat larger than the originals, but I used them anyway. My engine is not straining the capacity of the tb, regardless of the size of the screw heads. I noticed that, on my Accufab, that only the back throttle shaft half is threaded. The front on is not, and is just an open hole. That would explain how the heads and first few threads of the screw are just falling out once the screw fractures. There is no threaded connection with the front throttle shaft or butterfly, only the rear portion of the shaft. Perhaps tapping the whole deal slightly larger and using a matching fasterner would help to support the screw. Hope that helps. Rudy.

Thank You Rudy!!

I went to Lowes yesterday and got the screws and i'll be replacing them this week.

Back